Monthly Virtual 5k Dates

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
Monthly Virtual 5k Dates - This is a 5k that you can do and challenge yourself to improve on your time. You can walk, run, crawl or a combo of all three. lol Take your kids, or dogs out for a walk. It's about moving and improving your time. Not up for a 5k, post what you are doing, once around the block this month can be twice around the block next month. The dates span over a weekend so anytime that weekend you can post what you did, weekends don't work for you, do it anytime the week before and post on that month's 5K post.

April 25-26
May 29-31
June 26-28

Replies

• LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to it! This will be the perfect excuse to use the 5k "race" feature on Zombies, Run! Adding it to the calendar. :smiley:
  • NicNakmfp
    NicNakmfp Posts: 15
    Options
    What a fab idea! I've signed up to 10 weeks of training with a run coach so just started last week! A good way to see if I'm progressing! Eating well has to help too!
  • missbouncegb
    missbouncegb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did a quick 5k warm-up on my new exercise bike this morning. Looking forward to another 5k on foot later this afternoon. :-)
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    If your like me and did not get one in due to rain and yardwork, you can still do it anytime this week. Good luck!!
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I like this idea. I work on the weekends but will see what I can do on my days off. Thanks for the motivation!
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Did my 5k walking distance yesterday
  • taelor2
    taelor2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I walked almost 5 miles ( not all at one time, but most of it was at once).
  • evolution328
    evolution328 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm going to include my times from the last challenge,

Jan: 43:56
    Feb: 36:32
    March: 33:20
    April: 31:00

My current goal is under 30, getting close