RASH!

Options
I wore my pretty pink Fitbit Flex for about a week but took it off last night. I have an itchy rash because of it. Has anyone else had this happen? I cleaned it with a disinfecting wipe and once my rash is a bit better I'll start wearing it again and will clean the device more regularly. Hopefully this will help because I don't want to have to give it up altogether.

Has anyone else had this problem? :'(

Replies

• FishyK
    FishyK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have had this problem with both the Flex and Charge HR. I figured out that for me, it was caused by moisturizer or suncreen being trapped on my skin under a section of the Fitbit that was pressing on my skin for hours or even all day. Now I make sure anything I put on my skin has soaked in before I put on my Fitbit. I also change its position. This morning I walked for 75 minutes and moved it from left to right wrist when it got sweaty. I have it set for non-dominant but I figure for a dedicated walk it doesn't matter.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    Options
    I take my Charge HR off daily, swipe down the band and make sure my wrist is dry before putting it back on. I had a small itchy sensation right after starting to wear it. This took care of that. I know I am not allergic to paraphenylenediamine, my husband is, so I knew it wasn't the color fixative causing the itchness. Since I have a black Charge, I know he won't be borrowing it, ever. >:)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I had a Flex for almost two years with no problem—even with extremely sensitive skin.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Can-the-Flex-wristband-irritate-my-skin/
    • Clean and dry the Flex regularly, particularly under the band.

• Wear your Flex band loosely enough to allow air circulation.

• Use skin care products sparingly on the areas of the wrist covered by the Flex.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    This was one of the reasons I chose the Fitbit One. I just can't wear anything on my wrist.
  • Lisa_in_Arlington
    Lisa_in_Arlington Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks. So how loosely can I wear it, exactly? I guess obviously it shouldn't be spinning around....
  • FishyK
    FishyK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks. So how loosely can I wear it, exactly? I guess obviously it shouldn't be spinning around....

If you can still get your heart rate, it's not too lose.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    The Flex is not a heart rate monitor, so you can wear it loosely.