Question about breaking plateau

Options
Whosebeeping
Whosebeeping Posts: 99 Member
ok so for those who have mixed up meals to break a plateau...do u keep eating lunch for dinner dinner for lunch indefinitely or until your next plateau or once u break plateau do u switch back?? Just curious what your experience has been.

Replies

• perrychristina97
    perrychristina97 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in any ideas here too. I had an online chat with a NS counsellor who had me switch lunch and dinner as well. Oddly, I feel much fuller eating this way. I'm also trying to eat a variety of foods. I seem to always want the same veggies, PFs, and SCs.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I did the meal switcheroo last week and lost 3.6 lbs...gonna see how this week goes using the same format....I will let you know tomorrow when I weigh in.....
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a switch day once a week just to keep things interesting.
    Dessert for Breakfast
    Dinner for Lunch
    Lunch for Dinner
    Breakfast for Dessert
    I also like to switch up my PF's and SC's. That part is a little more challenging for me because I do have my faves.
    Since you are in a plateau, it might be good to do it for a few days to a week to break it.

Disclaimer: I am not a counselor nor have I gotten any of this info from a counselor. Just my 2 cents. ;)
  • SuziBoston
    SuziBoston Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    tobefitJen wrote: »
    Dessert for Breakfast
    Dinner for Lunch
    Lunch for Dinner
    Breakfast for Dessert
    I also like to switch up my PF's and SC's. That part is a little more challenging for me because I do have my faves.
    Since you are in a plateau, it might be good to do it for a few days to a week to break it.

Disclaimer: I am not a counselor nor have I gotten any of this info from a counselor. Just my 2 cents. ;)

I did exactly what Jen suggested back in late March & had tremendous success!! It worked for me & it may work for you!! It shakes things up a bit!! It won't hurt to give it a try!! Good Luck Honey!!! :)
  • pattimelt7
    pattimelt7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the suggestions! Jen, gonna try your way one or two days a week! Thanks, Patti
  • dottieketostrong
    dottieketostrong Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I did it for a week, and I did not lose anything. I have not lost anything since my weigh in on April 11! So now I am eliminating the smart carbs ( except for maybe a little fruit in the morning) and increasing protein and veggies. I hope to get below 170 soon! I have been stuck here forever!
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Suziboston wrote: »
    tobefitJen wrote: »
    Dessert for Breakfast
    Dinner for Lunch
    Lunch for Dinner
    Breakfast for Dessert

I did exactly what Jen suggested back in late March & had tremendous success!! It worked for me & it may work for you!! It shakes things up a bit!! It won't hurt to give it a try!! Good Luck Honey!!! :)

Thanks for the shout out, Suzi! So glad it worked for you! xoxo

• evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Lost Another lb this week...so I will keep doing the switch...I actually swap breakfast for dinner and lunch for snack.....
  • shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have been switching dinner for lunch for a while and Breakfast for dessert, it works for me.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Options
    I've done the switching of meals but sometimes I think the body needs a break from that routine. At least once a month, I'll go to the Outback and have its 6oz sirloin with steamed veggies or the Olive Garden with its Apricot Chicken with steamed veggies.

Formerly Midnight's_Mom

1191435.png
  • MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I go out on Saturday Nights. Got to have my Mexican Food! And sometimes have Chinese Chowmain on Sunday Nights. Just gets me out of the funk a little and gets me ready to start a new week.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Options
    I began NS by using the QVC Weekends Off program which did an excellent job of teaching people how to flex, including that of how to eat out. I carried that over when I started using the full NS program to flex so eating out has not been a problem as long as I follow the guidelines. It is all about choosing wisely and portion control.

Formerly Midnight's_Mom

ICanDoThis1_zps9b04c415.jpg