Breakfast

Options
TheMommalBear
TheMommalBear Posts: 19 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
I know it's only day two for me,but I know the hardest thing for me is making sure I eat breakfast. I've always had trouble eating before 11am . For me I've eaten when I feel hungry, so trying this morning eating ritual is going to be the hardest thing.

Replies

• evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You have to get the engine running! Do you have time to walk in the morning? Sometimes exercise will spark your appetite...the other thing is drink a big glass of water as soon as you get up...that also gets your organs rehydrated from going all night without water and gets things moving....
  • TheMommalBear
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I gotta say it's been my biggest problem since I was a teen... I'll try your advice next time I feel like am not hungry this morning. :)
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I was the exact same way. Now I start each day with a 10oz glass of water to get the system going. About an hour later its either weight watchers cereal, oatmeal, or a hard boiled egg. It took a couple weeks to get into the rhythm of this, but now I wouldn't dream of any other way.
    I know it's only day two for me,but I know the hardest thing for me is making sure I eat breakfast. I've always had trouble eating before 11am . For me I've eaten when I feel hungry, so trying this morning eating ritual is going to be the hardest thing.

• flomay5253
    flomay5253 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a morning eater either. I do like the breakfast bars for those mornings when I just don't feel like eating. My favorite is the blueberry lemon bar and also like the cinnamon raisin bar. Good luck and hang in there.
  • princessm928
    princessm928 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast food but am not hungry in the morning. This too has been my biggest change. From what I was told, the faster you get the protein in your system, the faster you start to burn so I drink a protein shake with my NS food as my powerful and get it done all at once. Good luck!
  • TheMommalBear
    Options
    Thanks for the advice it's helpful to know am not the only one. B)
  • TheMommalBear
    Options
    flomay5253 wrote: »
    I'm not really a morning eater either. I do like the breakfast bars for those mornings when I just don't feel like eating. My favorite is the blueberry lemon bar and also like the cinnamon raisin bar. Good luck and hang in there.

Your blueberry lemon bar sounds good... mmm hungry.
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I am was so not a morning person. I work from home and used to get up around 10:30am each day. Swati and I made a commitment to work out every morning at 7am. We only workout for 1/2 hour and we are definitely ready to eat afterwards. I know you are doing this with your husband so maybe working out together in the morning can work for you as well. Plus eating early will make it easier to space out your meals, which will help prevent cravings.

I have also found I am much more productive during the day. Now if I can only get the "early to bed" part down. :)
  • TheMommalBear
    Options
    Yeah hubby has help he reminds me to eat in the morning's . I don't think I have a craving problem so to speak it's usually a reminder when I need to eat I've been trying to make more of a routine on eating. Example I would just eat when I was hungry which lead to my gaining of weight... Now am trying the normal hrs of eating. Seeing something that sounds good that makes me hungry just remind me to eat a snack or real food if it's time if not I drink some water and not think about it till it's time.One day at a time.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I actually log all my foods first thing in the morning AND write on each item what time I am to eat it....even the snacks, I Baggie them and write on the Baggie or plastic container....that way if I get busy I just look at he food to see what time I need to eat, or if I'm leaving home I know what to carry with me so I don't miss a meal....I space my food out every three hours based on the time I eat my first meal.....some get a little thrown in at the end of the day if I get a late start....but I get every bite in.....don't forget your water, too...I bought an 8-cup water bottle and fill it and chill it the night before...when it is gone I know I have met my minimum....I don't usually stop there, but at least I know I got the minimum in!
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have MFP send me a message on my cell phone every 3 hrs if I haven't logged by meal or snack at the appropriate time
  • Whosebeeping
    Whosebeeping Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat breakfast before but now I'm hungry wo it. It might be crazy but I think if I'm getting that hungry feeling every 2 or 3 hours that everything is moving the way it should. If I don't then I don't expect a good weight. Idk