New to misfit

Options
shelie272000
shelie272000 Posts: 10 Member
i just got the new misfit Swarovski Shine about a week ago and love the look but a bit disappointed with the device and app :( I'm having a hard time understanding the app. I have an iPhone 6 and from what I'm reading the shine is really made for an android. I don't use the sleep function nor wear my shine at night. I'm wondering does anyone know why in the morning the app already shows I used 452 calories? How is that possible when the device was sitting on my dresser not moving? Is this thing really accurate? Of course I'm still not able to sync to mfp but I know that's been an issue. Help not sure if I should switch to Fitbit

Replies

• judeoconnor66
    judeoconnor66 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Most people say the iPhone app is much better. The Android one is awful since a recent update.
    The Misfit will tell you total calories used that day so far - not just exercise ones - hence the high reading. It will all begin to make sense when you've used it for a few days. I love my misfit!
  • kierstenjungbluth
    kierstenjungbluth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The calorie reading in the morning reflects calories burned by your body overnight- your BMR to maintain homeostasis. The calorie number is based on your weight/height/sex
  • kierstenjungbluth
    kierstenjungbluth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also, I had problems initially syncing Misfit with MFP, but I logged out on both apps, cleared data on both apps, restarted my phone (I have a Samsung Note 4), then logged back in to both apps and synced Misfit to MFP, and then it worked. Totally not sure if all of those steps were necessary, but I figured I might as well try! Good luck!