dawnkwiatek
dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
I thought we could have a discussion about our goals :smiley:

Replies

• dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My main goal is fat loss - I have about 19 pounds to go - that is the what I NEED the scale to say! Could I go beyond that? Sure, but I won't worry about it if I don't

My next goal - is two part - to get fit and STAY fit - and to try to keep this clean eating a lifestyle. Sure, I would like to indulge and have some things that aren't approved, but once I hit goal I am hoping I can find a moderation and enjoy things that I am not having right now (an ice cold beer!).

I also enjoy my kids seeing all this healthy behavior. This is a big motivator!

ETA: I thought of one more goal - Its superficial :) But I would love to buy a bikini - I have never worn one and probably wouldn't in public, but I think my husband would freak if he saw me in one. I have never met any weight loss goals I set out for so that would be the icing on the cake!
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Great idea!

Sounds like you're well on your way there, you can do it!!:)

My goal is to lose at LEAST 35 lbs. I gained more than 80lbs when I got pregnant with my first and it definitely wasn't close to being gone when I got pregnant with my second. Didn't gain as much that time but probably weighed the same at the time of each birth. I had my second in December and havent really been proactive about losing it until now.

Would also love to maintain a healthier lifestyle with more variety in our family meals. My husband was recently diagnosed with diabetes as well so this has been a big adjustment for him. He was a terrible eater before. But, I am loving it and hoping my toddler son comes around and starts enjoying the healthier (and definitely new) recipes we have been having. He can be quite picky at times. Hopefully being consistent with our new lifestyle will change that. :)
  • littleboopy
    littleboopy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great idea!! You both are well on your way and have tons of motivation so I'm sure you'll succeed!
    My number one goal is to be comfortable in my own skin! I have 5 kids and had 5 csections so my body is not what it was before children and I know I'll never be that body type again but I do want to be happy in my new "mom" body! So I've decided it's time for me to take care of me for a change and get fit, healthy and keep it that way so I can see my children continue to grow and to see my grandchildren in the future grow as well! We have heart disease, diabetes and other major health risks in my family and I don't want to join that future so I'm taking charge now to prevent it! My major problem is getting the exercise part of my lifestyle to stick so I'm hoping with your support and my will power that I can make it a habit so that it just becomes another regular part of my day!
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Primary Goal: Lose weight to take pressure off my joints. I was diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis last year and the less I weigh, the less wear and tear on my already failing joints.

Secondary Goal: Weighing less will also help me to maintain my balance so I won't fall. Stronger core and arms to catch myself when I don't quite catch my balance in time.

Tertiary Goal: We are awaiting some medical news related to my husband. I'm not ready to discuss it but it will absolutely redefine more than a few things in our lives and in our home.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Huge goal is to have a bod like my avatar again. I put on 31lbs.. I don't really care much for lb weight just want fat loss.

Other goals include running a 5k again. Probably the most important goal for me is to get the fat off and keep it off longer than 6 months. I want my new life change to be sustainable.
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My main goal is to lose 30 lbs and get my BMI back into a healthy range. Beyond that I want to be able to go shopping buy somethings besides sweat pants and elastic waist jeans. I'm dying to wear jeans and a black leather jacket lolol
  • blantondwb
    blantondwb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great idea!! You both are well on your way and have tons of motivation so I'm sure you'll succeed!
    My number one goal is to be comfortable in my own skin! I have 5 kids and had 5 csections so my body is not what it was before children and I know I'll never be that body type again but I do want to be happy in my new "mom" body! So I've decided it's time for me to take care of me for a change and get fit, healthy and keep it that way so I can see my children continue to grow and to see my grandchildren in the future grow as well! We have heart disease, diabetes and other major health risks in my family and I don't want to join that future so I'm taking charge now to prevent it! My major problem is getting the exercise part of my lifestyle to stick so I'm hoping with your support and my will power that I can make it a habit so that it just becomes another regular part of my day!

Just do a little something every day for the next 21 days! I started walking about a half mile at first but I made sure I did it everyday! The every day is more important than the what, how far or how long! You will build the habit then start setting your daily and weekly goals to increase the activity!
  • blantondwb
    blantondwb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking about 6 years ago and I gained 50 lbs. I want the 50 lbs gone but the most important thing to me at this point in my life is to get healthy and stay healthy! At 51 years of age your body changes in so many ways and nothing is like it was before! I have full confidence that at this stage in my life I'm going to strive to be better than ever before!
  • chocolatelime
    chocolatelime Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Trimming body fat, my weight doesn't fluctuate much, I stay pretty active but the minute I slack all my muscle turns into fat. I'm going with the notion that prevention is the best medicine, so I'm looking more to maintain/build muscle. I also am going to train for indoor rock climbing competition, a friendly local thing, I'm far from pro, but the competition part helps motivate. :)
  • bfay1101
    bfay1101 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My main goal is just to lose my remaining 5 pounds and tone everything up. I turn 50 next year and want to be in my best shape to kick it off.
  • extacymoon
    extacymoon Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My main goal is to get healthy and stay that way. I wouldn't mind losing some weight in the process. We want to expand our family and being healthy is important. It was nice to find a plan that could start me in the right direction.
  • cindip63
    cindip63 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Goal is to get back on track with eating healthy and exercising. I overcame cancer a few years back, during chemo I put on 30 pounds and miserable, so weight control is important, ultimately, would like to drop 12 pounds in the process. I'm down 5 with the 21 day fix, I'm on round 1, week 3, day 19.
  • dford5
    dford5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Besides losing weight (obviously), I want to get some energy. I'm too young (25 almost 26) to just come home from work everyday and crawl into bed.
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose the last 10 lbs!