New tall girl.

Options
Hello ya'll my name is Corliss, I am 6 ft 3 in tall, I weigh 271 lbs. I want to loose 100 lbs. I am a twin she is also 6 ft 3 in.
Finding other tall females to relate to is a treasure. My husband is just a tad shorter than me, my first husband was around 5 ft something. My new husband is 6 ft exactly. I still feel awkward around him and have the hardest time finding clothes that fit me right. I have long legs and a long torso and long arms and huge flippers for feet. When we are shopping and I see other tall women I am happy that I am not the only one out there. Tallness runs in my family, my mom and dad were both tall, my uncle on my moms side was tall. I have eleven children from my 1st husband and I have three sons that are at least 7 ft tall and pretty sure my fourth son will be tall too. I have seven girls are took after their biological father.

Replies

• Change1992
    Change1992 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi there Corliss, I'm Nikki.

I'm not quite as tall as you (5'10) but I totally get the issues with clothes etc. My friends all seem to be shorter than me too which can make you feel a bit awkward. The best thing to do I've found is to embrace it!

Good luck with your weight loss - slow and steady is key. MFP has really worked miracles for me (I've lost 35lbs so far) and if you stick with it, you'll definitely see and feel the progress.

• blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey im mandie 5'11 and my hubs is 6'3. Tallest if my gfs too feel very awkward at times but what can i do lol. Also tallest out of my sisters they are 5'5 and 5ft. Can totally relate about clothes and such. Embrace your tallnes your an amazing amazon and should hold your head high! Good luck with your journey!
  • shelly24100
    shelly24100 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Any woman who has eleven children should hold their head high, amazing
  • Natataliee
    Natataliee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 6' and I always like seeing other tall girls when I'm out and about. I'm real creepy about it cuz I always hope we make eye contact and acknowledge that we understand the life. The tall girl connection is real, no one else gets the struggle and the awesomeness involved.
    I've always dated guys my height or shorter. I just don't care much about height anymore dating unless it's a really big difference.
    Good luck with your goals! I'm cheering for ya, fellow tall girl :)
    Also, way to go populating the world with more talls!
  • macielsuazo
    macielsuazo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Corliss! I'm Maciel; I'm new to the group aswell; I'm 5'10" and weight 188 lbs. I'll be comfortable with losing 20 lbs just because I don't like too skinny.
    As Mandie, I'm the tallest of my gfs and I get headaches from buying proper clothing. I'm lucky that my husband is 6'2" so I look tiny near him. Good luck in your journey...
  • mandybledsoe
    mandybledsoe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Mandy, I am 6ft tall married to a man who is 5'4" so I feel your pain about feeling awkward lol But he loves it and after 8 years we have gotten quite used to it. I don't think I will ever get used to stores not caring my size in anything though :( if I want girl shoes I have to buy them online at Payless or transvestite sites which sucks because I can't try them on to see if I like them. And jeans never ever fit right. Good luck out there and embrace your amazonian good fortune! I love being tall for the most part lol.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Mandy, I am 6ft tall married to a man who is 5'4" so I feel your pain about feeling awkward lol But he loves it and after 8 years we have gotten quite used to it. I don't think I will ever get used to stores not caring my size in anything though :( if I want girl shoes I have to buy them online at Payless or transvestite sites which sucks because I can't try them on to see if I like them. And jeans never ever fit right. Good luck out there and embrace your amazonian good fortune! I love being tall for the most part lol.

Whaaaat? OK, maybe back in the 1990's we had to go to payless or cross-dressers' shops, but this is 2015, baby!

What size shoe do you wear, Mandy? I wear 13. I go to Amazon.com and to Nordstrom Rack. They always have my size :)
  • macielsuazo
    macielsuazo Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Whaaaat? OK, maybe back in the 1990's we had to go to payless or cross-dressers' shops, but this is 2015, baby!

What size shoe do you wear, Mandy? I wear 13. I go to Amazon.com and to Nordstrom Rack. They always have my size :)

Thanks for this hint...
  • SunflowerCutie
    SunflowerCutie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow y'all are very tall. Taller than my family. Well I'm 5'8/5'9 but I'm not married. I used to wear XL and clothes shopping sometime it was hell. I mean I did eventually find some clothes but was hard because I was really big. I weighed like 235 or something. I was like 191 or 190 back in 2013 but gainedb some of the way back due to struggling with my close friend's death last year. Now I'm still struggling with weight loss I'm not going to give up even if people try to stop me or tell me I don't need to lose any more but I don't care. Now I am a size medium. I wear a large sometimes it just depends on the clothing brand and I'm still trying to lose more weight but not too much. Good luck on your journey and I wish you the best. :-)