Almost out of food!

Options
dottieketostrong
dottieketostrong Posts: 102 Member
My food is on its way, but I have ONE more breakfast, and I want to have it tomorrow morning. So I had to get creative. I made an omelet using 2 egg whites, 2 oz. turkey breast, 1/2 cup spinach, 1 stick jalapeno string cheese, and 3 grape tomatoes! It was pretty good! I just hope my food arrives tomorrow afternoon! I do have 3 lunches and 3 dinners left because I went out a couple of times this month. I guess if it doesn't come tomorrow, I can continue to make a healthy breakfast.

Replies

• pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    If you have a Walmart close, they sometimes carry some of the muffins and bars if you are concerned about prepping a breakfast on a weekday.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem a few months back...them not shipping in a timely manner...had even moved my ship date up to prevent it...didn't work...I called cs and they apologized and gave me a credit....ended up getting the Walmart 5 day box to tide me over...for one day I did my own thing....the sodium in everything killed me!!!!!! I blew up like a balloon!!!! So please be careful if you choose any packaged meals or bars!
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I know I am safe with egg whites, and I feel pretty safe with veggie salads for lunch and maybe a veggie burger patty? I think that was on the list of approved foods. The nearest Walmart is half an hour from me. But we do have a grocery store in town. I will pick up some veggie burgers today. How do Lean Cuisine's compare? Too much sodium?
  • MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ive done an omlet with lowfat cheese before or the quaker instant oatmeals (low sugar) are equivilant to NS. If you run out of lunch, just eat a piece of wheat bread with peanutbutter spread. Or a tomato or cucumber sandwich. Take is as practice for the day you can get off ns. Lol
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    Yes Ms Dimeo! I lost 60 pounds on NS and was on my own for 5 years or so. I just got back into sloppy habits I guess and gained 15 back. I will NOT be so careless again!
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Options
    A good breakfast substitute for NS is the Quaker Weight Control oatmeal or the Kashi Go Lean (the box which says it has more protein than an egg). Both are acceptable in calories and high in protein and approved by NS. The oatmeal satisfies me far more than an NS breakfast entrée.
  • evhutchings
    Options
    KonaKat wrote: »
    A good breakfast substitute for NS is the Quaker Weight Control oatmeal or the Kashi Go Lean (the box which says it has more protein than an egg). Both are acceptable in calories and high in protein and approved by NS. The oatmeal satisfies me far more than an NS breakfast entrée.

Good advice! Any other real world foods you know of would greatly appreciate the info....valerie

• KonaKat
    Options
    I'm sodium sensitive and have a heart issue, so I read packages carefully. Despite the sodium content, the Special K breakfast sandwiches are very good and filling. I do Lean Cuisine also but not on a regular basis but a meal here and there doesn't hurt.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    The Pure Protein meal bars are great. Some are very low in sodium, high in protein at 18-20g of protein for 180 to 200 calories. I keep these all the time as they are convenient to take to school for lunch, as well as carry in my handbag when out and about. As a result, I always have something acceptable to eat if caught out longer than expected. I get them at WalMart or via Amazon's Subscribe and Save. A box of six is a little over $6.
  • evhutchings
    Options
    Thanks, KonaKat....
  • shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Walmarts have muffins, bars as mentioned. And your add-ins will be just fine until your food arrives
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    Are the pure protein bars good?
  • SuziBoston
    SuziBoston Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hi Honey!! Walmart has the muffins! And you can also substitute using Special K cereal with only small amount of Skim Milk!! This happened to me around Easter & I ran out to Walmart & got the Double Chocolate Muffins!! Some of our NS friends mentioned it to me & it worked perfectly!! Good Luck Dear!! :)