trying to decide

Options
NanP135
NanP135 Posts: 219 Member
I figured I would come to the source of fit bit owners, I am very confused by all the choices. Which version of the fit bit is the best for the money? I do think I want a wrist band as it would be easier to use.

Thanks

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    NAP150 wrote: »
    I figured I would come to the source of fit bit owners, I am very confused by all the choices. Which version of the fit bit is the best for the money? I do think I want a wrist band as it would be easier to use.

Thanks

What do you want to do with your wrist activity tracker?
    Counting steps and tracking sleep -$- Flex does that, can be used for swimming as well as steps, only wrist one that can be worn when showering and swimming.
    Add needing a heart rate monitor, watch function, & phone caller id alerts -$$$- Charge HR, there is also slightly cheaper -$$-Charge without the HRM.
    Want to add GPS - $$$$- Surge

So depending on what your want to do.

Personally, I wanted the HRM function but not GPS and I am very satisfied with my choice of the Charge HR. YMMV
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex. I didn't have to choose though because it was a gift from a friend. Been very happy with it so far and don't really feel like I am missing anything.
  • Wolfe1965
    Wolfe1965 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The Charge HR is the best vlaue... Surge adds a few things including GPS but you can get GPS from your phone. If you have the extra 100 its nice. Can't see why anyone would not get the Heart rate function when its available. Sure its not perfect in strenous excercise but I use a chest strap then anyways and port the data right in via MFP. One con is its not waterproof. If you want a waterproof device I would recommend going with the Garmin product vivo which will work with most HEart Rate monitors.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    NAP150 wrote: »
    Which version of the Fitbit is the best for the money? I do think I want a wrist band as it would be easier to use.

It's entirely a matter of personal preference. I lost the weight & maintained for 9 months with a Flex, but upgraded to a Charge HR—just because it comes in purple.
  • RickL203
    RickL203 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Like the others said; it is a matter of preference. I have a FitBit One that I was using regularly. It got to be a real pain in the butt, taking it out of the carrier and putting in the night time carrier for sleep and back and forth; so I got a Charge HR.

I like having it on my wrist; it has replaced my wrist watch, it tells me who is calling and it monitors my HR. For me HR has become a big deal.

It seems FitBit has options for most users; I guess it depends on what you want and your budget.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    For me the one is perfect, I don't like things on my wrist and I just clip my one on my bra and forget about it. It tracks my sleep at night with the wrist band.
    It comes down to what your looking for.
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased the One and it's absolutely perfect. I was strongly considering the Charge, but realized I really don't want it on my wrist ALL the time. I can just clip my One on my bra or pocket and forget about it. I just open my app to check my steps. It's also SUPER accurate.
  • klasla
    klasla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a Surge and have been mostly satisfied with it. There are some issues with optical HR measurement, but overall its been a very good device. I like tracking my cycling/runs with gps and I like the mostly accurate (with some caveats) HR tracking. Its also nice to know my resting pulse and sleep schedule. The battery life is quite good, I'm averaging about 3-4 days per charge. Realistically the only upgrades for the Surge i would like is better HR accuracy, nicer styling of the watch and the possibility to add a bluetooth HR strap.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR and have been very happy with it. I previously had a zip and really liked that one as well. I prefer the Charge HR over the zip because it does have the HR monitor. I understand that it may not be the most accurate HR monitor available, but it does the job for me.