Exercise

Options
lesliroot123
lesliroot123 Posts: 5 Member
what types of exercise do you enjoy doing?

Replies

• tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I love using the kettlebells!!! That is my favorite workout. After that, I'd have to say bodyweight exercises.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I've recently been getting into HIIT. Nothing fancy, 20 minutes of intervals of different speeds and inclines on the treadmill plus warmup/cooldown. I have been convinced that hours of steady cardio (what I've always done in the past) aren't as effective for fat loss as intervals and strength training. I know I should do more on the strength training side. My bf has a weight set but I can't seem to get into lifting.

I'm interested in trying the 7 Minute Workout (which you do more than once, it's not a total of 7 minutes, lol). I downloaded the app but haven't tried it yet.

I am currently doing monthlong Plank and Squat Challenges.
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-30-day-plank-challenge/
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-28-day-squat-challenge-youll-want-to-start-now/
  • TLL09
    TLL09 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am loving my elliptical machine right now! I do about 40 minutes and usually work some HIIT into it. I have some strength training that I want to start.... Maybe today :)
  • sunnydee216
    sunnydee216 Posts: 110 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Currently learning to love the treadmill. Doing walking and jogging. Got the jogging up to 3min at time and walking in between 4 min. Working to do 4 min jogging and 4 walking. I also do strength training everyday during the work week. Varying the muscle groups.
  • 8ericalynn
    8ericalynn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great workouts everyone - I have tried all of them including the kettlebells :-) Currently, I strength train 3x a week with a trainer (30 minute sessions) and then run 3x a week. This is after 2 years of barely being able to walk. Amazing progress after many false starts.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Those of you who use kettlebells, do you buy your own or use them at the gym? I don't belong to a paid gym.
  • macbblue
    macbblue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just walk outdoors. I'm loving my walks! Less than a month ago I could barely walk 1 mile and now I am walking 2 miles.
  • Erinleigh13
    Erinleigh13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    BOXING!!! I absolutely love it!
  • tcbutler8627
    Options
    cjsacto wrote: »
    Those of you who use kettlebells, do you buy your own or use them at the gym? I don't belong to a paid gym.

I workout in the weight room at work and I was able to talk them into getting some for the room(me). lol If you are just starting you only need one or two lighter ones to start with until you can handle heavier ones. The lighter ones aren't too bad; it's when you start getting heavier ones that they get expensive.
  • tcbutler8627
    Options

Oh yeah! I do kick boxing/MMA with a heavy bag and it is a great workout.
  • Erinleigh13
    Options

Oh yeah! I do kick boxing/MMA with a heavy bag and it is a great workout.

it's the only thing that actually makes me feel like I worked out
  • 8ericalynn
    Options
    I used to do kettlebells at Crossfit before I hurt my foot.
  • tcbutler8627
    Options

I like to add pushups, body squats, lunges, and pull ups in while hitting it. I definitely feel like I worked out when I'm done.
  • tcbutler8627
    Options
    8ericalynn wrote: »
    I used to do kettlebells at Crossfit before I hurt my foot.

Ooohh...that stinks! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't do kettlebells!!! lol
  • Erinleigh13
    Options

I like to add pushups, body squats, lunges, and pull ups in while hitting it. I definitely feel like I worked out when I'm done.

i do the same...squats, planks, sit ups and lunges!
  • tcbutler8627
    Options
    i do the same...squats, planks, sit ups and lunges!

Cool!!! So it's not just me. lol
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm deeply bored with my walking/treadmill/stairmaster/crosstraining routine. Kettle weights kill my hands. I really want something that will help me burn calories in thirty minutes. Ideas welcome!
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    spin class is the next best thing after running for me to kill some calories!
  • 8ericalynn
    Options
    How about walking stairs? I take the stairs up to the 6th floor where my office is...just avoiding the elevator helps