Hello New Week 5..

Options
2014june
2014june Posts: 115 Member
a fresh start from today after a really bad week and a gain at the scales.

1, plan next weeks meals
2. write everything down what i eat.
3. get on my bike more

Replies

• JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    My arm lift surgery is Friday, May 8th

I must keep hydrated throughout the week, and will exercise up to surgery day.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    June, I feel the same way. I've gained weight the past 2 weeks. Sometimes, I just wish someone would reach and grab me and stick my head in some ice water...ha ha. I'm determined to have a good week this time. I like what you said June, about a fresh start this week.

1. Go to the gym each day--very important!
    2. Log everything
    3. Get on MFP every day.
    4. Try to squeeze in some "extra" exercise.
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I hope all goes well with your surgery, Jreedy. I imagine you are excited about the results. And I am with you, Amy and June. While I am exercising every day, I am clearly consuming too many calories. Ready to turn that around this week!
  • 2014june
    2014june Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    JreedyJanelle. hope all goes well for you.

Let's do it ladies and have a good week :)
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm up a pound from last week, but blame that on restaurant food with my kids! We've got meals planned to cook at home this week, and having cereal and fresh fruit or oatmeal for breakfasts. Should be able to get back on track.
  • classysassy4ever70
    classysassy4ever70 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    This week's Goals
    1) Drink 10/8oz of water - 4/5x
    3) Walk 12,500 = 5miles for me - 3x
    4) Make menu for the week - doing it on a daily basis the night before
    5) Smile and be positive!

Have a wonderful week & good luck everyone! B)
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get more fruits and veggies. My doctor suggests 5-10 servings a day. I didn't realize how difficult that is to actually accomplish. My goal last week were all completed except i only did 17.1 miles instead of 18. And I am doing well with the numbers on the scale going down. I am excited that I am .8 away from my goal for this challenge. And I am hoping I don't do anything to screw it up. This is the first time i will have accomplished a goal in these challenges. My lack of sweets the last couple of weeks has been a huge help for me me.

My goals this week are
    1) to actually make the 18 mile point this week
    2) drink plenty of water( I am finding drinking tons of water is also helping me in more ways then one)
    3) a minimum of 3 runs
    4)stay in my calories
    5) come on top in my fitbit challenge :smiley:
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Week 5....
    1. Lose any weight! Tuesday is my weigh day so hoping!
    2. Plan after long bike rides and 12hr work shift snacks better...prevent starving pig out episodes
    3. Under net calories 100%
    4. Under calories on work days and non bike days..
    5. Add gym time or stationary bike for cardiac
    6. Add core exercises to prevent pesky back and hip pains..
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Cumberland, glad you noticed your calorie consumption had gotten a little high. Sometimes it's hard to see things and that's a big part.

tress, that should really help you with cooking more at home this week.

Sassy, I love that smile and be positive goal. I also do my meal planning a day at a time.

frey, seems like you've been replacing veggies and fruit, instead of sweets. How nice that your Dr. is helping you too. You're doing real well on this challenge and so glad of your successes.

barb, good for you for tackling the planning part to avoid starving and eating lots. Good calorie goals. I'm also trying to get in more core workouts and be more consistent with it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've turned a corner after a couple of tough weeks (hoping I'm right!). My goals:

(1) I said this last week, but really focus on trying to get more sleep. I know it's a major part of why I've been struggling.
    (2) Stick to my new calorie goal.
    (3) Get in more swimming and biking (ideally I'd like to work in some bike commuting, but it's hard when there's a good chance I'll have to stay super late). Also, learn to ride my bike with the clipless pedals, as it's idiotic that I'm too nervous to ride it off the trainer--I'll have to change them back if I don't get over that soon.
  • jrortega1912
    jrortega1912 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I want to get out of the 150s and get into the 140s. :# So my goals for this week are:
    1. Ride my bike
    2. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits or veggies per day
    3. One diet drink per day.
    4. Log 20 miles for the week
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    *Do not, I repeat do not buy and partake of any salt and vinegar chips at all this week
    *Drink more water because I have been slacking the last week
    *Stay focused with my new way of eating because I learned a hard lesson by deviating to much this past saturday
    *Try to get 3 workouts in outside of karate
  • barbhat13
    Options
    No weight loss today But had my first open water swim practice today! 1\2 mile in the ocean! Quite cool....then we had to race to shore, run to lifeguard station, do pushups and other things I did not do, run back to the water, swim out and back and repeat x 3! It was fun
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    How cool, barbhat! That sounds like a fun and very challenging workout!
  • barbhat13
    Options
    How cool, barbhat! That sounds like a fun and very challenging workout!
    It was a great workout.... Hoping to make it a weekly thing....

• tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    *Do not, I repeat do not buy and partake of any salt and vinegar chips at all this week
    Or Dill Pickle chips...

My downfall is always the salty snacks!

• barbhat13
    Options
    barbhat13 wrote: »
    Week 5....
    1. Lose any weight! Tuesday is my weigh day so hoping!
    2. Plan after long bike rides and 12hr work shift snacks better...prevent starving pig out episodes
    3. Under net calories 100%
    4. Under calories on work days and non bike days..
    5. Add gym time or stationary bike for cardiac
    6. Add core exercises to prevent pesky back and hip pains..

1.no weight loss
    2. One unintentional pig out after ride
    3. Under net calories 75%
    4. Bad week for being under calorie....one intentional pig out eat out.....dumb!
    5. No focused cardiac
    6. Started core exercise
    Soooo...not a wasted week but not as good as I plsnned..... Got to ride and open water swim with visiting best friends7jqmaj9erl1n.jpeg