Diet suggestions to reduce flare ups

Options
agbmom556
agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
Did anyone change or eliminate a food from their diet and noticed positive results?
(reduced flares, better digestion etc)

I stopped eating red meat about 3 yrs ago because my psoriasis would flare up after I ate it.

Anyone had any other successes?

Replies

• af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The less processed food I eat, the less flares I have. I'm also a lot more lethargic and achy if I eat a heavy carb diet.
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've switched to a paleo/FodMap diet to help figure out some of my guts issues and I've noticed that my stomach is much, much, much happier without lactose (always been a bit sensitive but now not even yogurt), gluten (eczema went away with the wheat), and not so much low carb as just reasonable carbs. My energy is also significantly higher than it has been in years -even though I've had stable Thyroid hormones for quite a while and am pretty happy with my dosage.

Another huge plus is my husband is on the same diet, he has Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease and chronic fatigue and has had far fewer sick days due to fatigue since going on this diet with me.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    The one thing I have eliminated is red meat. I noticed that my psoriasis would flare after I would eat it.
    I am also working on cutting back carbs ...unfortunately bread Is my weakness.
  • LaceyVskmp1980
    LaceyVskmp1980 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I eliminated gluten and dairy for my daughter (Hashimotos) and it reduced her flares, she lost weight and had more energy. My goal is to also eliminate these from my diet to see if it will help me. I had a holistic dr. tell me that gluten and dairy contain inflammatory agents (don't know if that's true, but sounded like good motivation).