Please Introduce Yourself

Options
mikemusky44
mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
It looks like the NS Group hit 200 members today! I noticed there are a lot of members I do not remember from the NS site and thought it would be nice for everybody to introduce/reintroduce themselves.

I'm Mike. I started NS on 2/22/15 along with my wife Swati. I am currently down 31 lbs on a mission to a 50 lb loss. We work out 30 minutes per day, 6 days per week. We also throw in additional workouts a couple of times per week. I followed the NS system strictly for the first 6 weeks but started adding some extra calories recently due to intense workouts we are doing. I am still losing weight at a nice pace so I guess it's working.

I rely on the NS Group for motivation and support and there are some awesome people on here. Please feel comfortable in introducing yourself to the group. I am sure you will find it to be a great asset in your weight loss journey.

Replies

• Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Welcome to those NSers who have found us here on MFP and brought us to a group of "more than 200". Many of you already know me, but for those who don't, I'm Phyllis (P~). I love long walks on the beach and....oh....sorry wrong spiel. ;) I've been with NS since January 13, 2015, and am well on my way to meeting my 60 lb. goal with 37 lbs. gone! I'm a strong proponent of the mindset makeover meaning, this is a lifetime commitment to live a healthy life with losing weight being one of the many benefits of making this change for the better. I am enjoying great friendships with many of you, and look forward to forging new friendships with the rest of you. All the best! P~
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hello Mike and Phyllis and everyone to come,

I am Flo from NS. Joined NS in April almost 4 weeks ago. Have lost 13.2 pounds, walking routinely (for the first time) up to around 2.5 miles/day. Enjoying all of the support here and making friends.

Good luck to all!
  • shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have the same username as on NS, shedthesweater, and let me tell you after 76 days on NS the sweaters are already gone! not thrown in the fire pit yet, but I have lost 21 pounds and many inches off waist, hips, thighs, arms and bust. Loving the weight loss, fitting into clothes that we're way too tight last year. I work out Six days a week for an hour or more, and never thought I would say I love the gym. I love skiing, Glamping in my vintage trailer with friends, a member of Sisters On The Fly, love hiking, mountain biking, being with my two beautiful children. A Christian that loves the Lord and he is my strength daily to continue on my new journey here in life. I'm here for the amazing support you all give to me, the real stories, of success, struggles, motivation, funny stories, laughter we all share. And the joy off all the kudo's we receive while achieving our goals. Thank you for being my friend(s)
  • dottieketostrong
    dottieketostrong Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My name is Dot. I am back on NS since April 6. I was on it back in 2009 and lost 60 pounds. I have gained 15 back and nothing I have tried has helped, so I am back. I am not having a lot of success. I lost 5 pounds the very first week, but only .2 pounds since. That's POINT 2. But I have lost more than an inch from my waist and half and inch or so from the hips, so I am satisfied. I workout in various ways 4 times a week. My favorite is aerobics.
    I will be 54 years old next month. I teach at a Christian School. (English to grades 8 and 9, Spanish to grades 8,9, and 10 and Bible to grade 11). I am happily married to a wonderful man who suffers from heart disease and mild Alzheimers. He is retired Navy.
    I have 3 grown children, 5 grown stepchildren, 4 grandchildren with another due any day now! I also have 3 stepgrandchildren with another due in July.
    I am a born again Christian and I love the Lord with all my heart! Things I love: shopping, listening and dancing to music, watching Investigative reporting on TV ( like Dateline), and traveling with my best girlfriends!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Shie1 wrote: »
    Welcome to those NSers who have found us here on MFP and brought us to a group of "more than 200". Many of you already know me, but for those who don't, I'm Phyllis (P~). I love long walks on the beach and....oh....sorry wrong spiel. ;) I've been with NS since January 13, 2015, and am well on my way to meeting my 60 lb. goal with 37 lbs. gone! I'm a strong proponent of the mindset makeover meaning, this is a lifetime commitment to live a healthy life with losing weight being one of the many benefits of making this change for the better. I am enjoying great friendships with many of you, and look forward to forging new friendships with the rest of you. All the best! P~
    Long walks on the beach. Teehee!!!!!!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm Valerie. I am a Jehovah's Witness. I live in Roanoke Rapids, NC. I am the gm at our Little Caesar's Pizza Store. I'm originally from PA....ex USAF...lived in Texas, Florida, Italy and Japan, too....I started NS in mid December last year....I am divorced...have 3 children and 2 grandchildren....I have 2 cats...and am truly grateful to be a part of this NS group!
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cindy and I live in the New Orleans area, born and raised. I started NS January 2014 and lost 38 pounds. Unfortunately around October I decided to completely fall off the wagon and have gained it all back plus another 6 pounds. :# Decided I needed to do this again so here I am. My NS username is Chalmation14.

2HyQ.gif
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm Wendy and live in Temple, Tx. I started NS in Jan. 2015 and have over 100 lbs to lose. I'm on my way!! :)
  • Stewartsmom1
    Stewartsmom1 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Yvonne. I live in the Northern Neck of VA (area between the Rappahannock and Potomac Rivers). I've been on NS since Jan. 2015. So far, I've lost 30 lbs and have another 30 to go to hit goal. My kids are grown, 2 sons, 1 stepson, and 1 stepdaughter, 2 grands. I am an avid equestrian. Over the years, I've picked up pounds and that has affected my fitness level which is reflected in my riding. Since starting NS and getting on a regular exercise routine, my fitness and strength has greatly improved. I'm a retired RN and real estate salesperson. My old NS name was HeavyHorsewoman. BTW, Stewart is my horse's name which goes along with my MFP name.
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hello friends,

I am Randy. I live on the coast of New Hampshire with my beautiful wife and three children ages 5, 8, and 16. I started Nutrisystem on March 23, 2015, after a challenge with my mother-in-law to get down to my ideal weight. She offered to send me on an all expense paid fishing trip to Key West if I could get down to 210lbs, and keep it off for six months. I'm more than half way there in just six weeks!
  • TheDaddyBear
    TheDaddyBear Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm Chris. I started NS in February and have dropped 30 lbs since then. I live in El Paso Tx with my lovely wife Tina and my 3 teenage boys. I've still got a long way to go but I'm feeling very positive about my start!
  • xKoalaBearx
    xKoalaBearx Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from NS too under the same name xKoalaBearx. Glad I found you and see a lot of familiar faces from the blogs and message boards.
  • Whosebeeping
    Whosebeeping Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lynn from Rolesville NC. We just moved here from Rochester NY I started on January 27. I have over 100 to lose and have almost made it to 30. We are out of town A lot with my daughters travel volleyball. That fact has made this journey...challenging. I figure I have to mix in real life a lot so I'm going to be better off in the long run. I did NS a long time ago like 25 years and did well like 75 lbs. and even did a radio spot for them. I was horrible who wants to hear themselves on the radio not me!! I can tell you this nutrisystem now is so much better than nutrisystem back then omg. I vaguely remember reconstituting a burger with boiling water. Ugh. Anyhow, I'm back because I know it works for me. I'm a lot older it's going slower but it's working and I am eating healthier and doing things for myself. Everyday is a step in the right direction!!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm Val. Since 2010 living in San Antonio, TX. Previously lived in Los Angeles (all over), Chicago, Rotorua (New Zealand), Seattle, Cincinnati, Dayton, Las Vegas, a tiny town in Indiana, and now here. I am a divorced mom of two girls (ages 24 and 12, and yes, the 12 yo was on purpose!). I am a dog-lover...I have four, and have fostered and rescued tons more!

nnwuiyp6wpp8.jpg

57649571.png
  • klriano
    klriano Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Kerra from Sun City Center Florida. A retirement community on Tampa's south shore (which I refer to as the elephant's graveyard) The Mister and I retired here about 4 years ago from GA, although I am a gypsy by nature. Born & raised on the West coast and wandered around the continental 50 throughout adulthood.
    We are a blended family with 8 children + 5 spouses, 15.6 grandchildren, and one great-grandchild due in a couple months. Christmas is chaos.

I am on my second week of NS, the first time I've ever actually been on a diet myself. I'm an avid researcher and analyst which causes no end to questions and clarifications. (What do you MEAN Frito's and Bean dip aren't allowed for dinner? Fritos = CORN, Bean dip = PROTEIN, therefore OP!) Kidding, really...I was 6lbs into my 25lb goal at then end of my Fast 5 week. I'm having a lot of atypical issues with the program..but that's for another thread :neutral:

I'm super active, we play Pickleball 2 hours every day, 7 days a week. I Zumba once a week, Golf once a week and Line dance when I have the opportunity and I try to get 10K steps in daily. My natural inclination (and what got me to the point of needing NS, along with Menopause and quitting smoking) is to game (RPG's & SL) on the computer as well as being a voracious reader. (Both best done with a Latte & bag of chips)

*** editor's note: This denotes sarcasm font.
  • JodyT2015
    JodyT2015 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HI, I am Jody. On the NS site I was Jody.T I joined NS in March of 2014, and I just earned my 70 pound bear. I have a lot more to lose and I am planning on being around here for at least another year. I am from West Fargo, North Dakota. I have a husband (of 30 years) and 3 grown kids. The oldest was married last summer (I lost 50 pounds before that wedding), we have a wedding July 2015 (would love to be closer to -100 by then), and followed up by the last wedding August 2016. I try to walk everyday. I recently got a fitbit and I find that it motivates me to get up and move!
  • Shie1
    Options
    Hi! I'm from NS too under the same name xKoalaBearx. Glad I found you and see a lot of familiar faces from the blogs and message boards.

Koala!!! I'm so glad you made it. Awesome!
  • Shie1
    Options
    Hi everyone. So glad to see you here. Welcome!
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I noticed there are a lot of Newbies (both to the group and NS in general) so I wanted to bump this thread for those who would like to introduce themselves. Please feel free to do so.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    HELLO to everyone!!!!!!!!!