How is your progress going?

Options
Here is a broad question: How is your progress going? I think weight loss and muscle gain are some of the most obvious outward signs of progress. AND they are darn good ones :) That said, there are Non Scale Victories that are just as telling. NSVs like fitting into a old set of jeans, needing a new belt or finding a winter coat that was tight last year is now to big are great victories. What about the changes that are not so noticeable?

After almost a month of C25K I find I am looking forward to the next run, not dreading it. OK, ok... I still hate running... but I can see the purpose :) I have found out I do not need a caffeine injection to start my day or deal with the 2:30 PM drag. I sleep A LOT better at night. While my feet hurt, they are sore from activity and not just because. While I have not changed my perspective from Live to Eat to Eat to Live, it is a work in progress. Sometimes I catch myself thinking a 1/3 empty plate is "mostly" gone, but I still stop at the end of my portion. I have found out that stuffed is not full, it is truly OVER full. Going out for dinner is not just picking whatever suits my fancy, my truly looking at the menu and deciding what is best.

What about you?

Replies

• pyramid918
    pyramid918 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing is the fact that I actually LOOK FORWARD to my 5:45am gym date every morning! My arms are showing muscle definition and my shoulders are squaring off and I take the stairs to my 4th floor office without even noticing. I still catch myself wanting terrible food and sometimes I indulge... But I am accountable for all of it!
  • jjking54
    jjking54 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    1,370 minutes of exercise in February, over 23 hours and more than 10,000 calories burned in the month.
    After today I should have 220 miles on the bike for February. My goal was 200.
    Strength gains in the gym.
    Gains in core strength from the program I'm using.
    Losing inches despite very little movement on the scale.
    Clothes are fitting better.
    Overall making more healthy choices for the most part.

Still have a long ways to go ... but honestly, I'm thrilled with my February.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty happy with my progress .......

After gaining a few pounds over the holidays, I decided to crack down a bit ........ over the last few weeks, I've avoided booze & desserts ...... have cut back on breads & pastas ....... and increased veggies .......

This morning I actually smiled when I got on the scale !
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    How is your progress going?

I am loving this diet so much it's not even dieting; this is truly going to be a life-long change of diet. At my last weigh-in I had already lost 6lbs (in three-ish weeks), I'm feeling better overall, I look forward to eating rather than just mindlessly eating whatever, and yes I am definitely more conscious of what I do eat. I've managed to eat at fast food places and food courts while still being within my guidelines, plus I'm spending a fraction of the money on my food than what I use to spend; I'm also eating far healthier now than I have since I was a wee kidlet. So far I am very optimistic about this :smile:
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    BFF9E2F76C55DA6CFEC07ACD6961BE5607E09B6B.png