Other Beachbody Programs

Options
SatiaRenee
SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
I figure some of us may have and/or have done and/or know about some other Beachbody products (workout programs, supplements, etc.) and it might help if we had a thread devoted to non-21DF/X topics.

Yes, I mostly thought this would be a good idea because I have some questions about several different products so you know . . . if you build it, and all. :)

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift

Let's just say that I am well endowed so I have been curious about this program for a while. I also have bad knees and a balance disorder so I am worried that I won't be able to do it and/or keep up. I am able to get through 21DF and PiYo because I know how to modify. I'm beginning to think maybe I could make this program work for me by modifying along the way. Any thoughts?
  • doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't really know much about the program :( the only thing I know is that my sitter (25) wasn't up to doing 21 day fix one day, so she did one of the Brazilian butt lift ones instead - and regretted it because it ended up being just as hard!!! :) evidently, it's a great workout!
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've completed insanity - no nutrition plan though and I skipped the recovery workouts for running.

I've done parts of p90x

I've tried t25, it was ok just wasn't my style. I much prefer Shaun t in insanity.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Got T25 just to have something different to work out to.. skeptical about the results I would get but I throw it on once in awhile. BBL seems sketchy to me. I had more success doing barbell squats and deadlifts at the gym. I was able to see the results and create new challenges e.g. lifting my body weight. That's just me though.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    P90X looks interesting but don't have it. Recently heard of PiYo but unsure about it. Insanity would kill my youthful knees I think lol
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've only heard of a few of them. This is my first time doing one (21 day fix). I'd love to do insanity eventually but think I should try some other ones before I attempt it. I've done JMs 30 day shred and one week shred before but love how this is a new workout everyday. Got kinda bored and uninterested with the shreds being the same all the time.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dixiewhiskey I don't have access to a gym and have been warned off doing deep squats and heavy lifting (because of my knees) which is why I'm looking for alternative ways to really target the area. I just don't know that my shallow squats are effective enough, not given how . . . erm . . . well endowed I am, if you know what I mean.

@doodlebug32 LOL! Yeah. I don't know that I see BBL as being easier than 21 Day Fix. Slim in 6 looks a lot easier for sure. And perhaps Tai Cheng. Other than that, I can't think of another Beachbody product that is easier than 21 Day Fix and, let's face it, 21DF ain't easy.

@venuila I have a few of Jillian Michaels' DVDs and I had the same issue with getting bored with them. I haven't touched them since I injured my knee last year but I was thinking that I might pull them out later this year. I have a lot of options because I have a rather full DVD library, for better or worse.
  • aryat1979
    aryat1979 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    venuila wrote: »
    I've only heard of a few of them. This is my first time doing one (21 day fix). I'd love to do insanity eventually but think I should try some other ones before I attempt it. I've done JMs 30 day shred and one week shred before but love how this is a new workout everyday. Got kinda bored and uninterested with the shreds being the same all the time.

Did you get results from the JM 30 day shred? I have it and I have started it in the past but never finish it.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Great idea for a thread! I'm done with my first round of 21 DF tomorrow, and I'm going to begin insanity next. I don't know much about BBL, but my coach talks about it often and says it's great, and she's got a great *kitten* to back up her claims lol! I don't think I could hand,e a tony Horton program. I find him seriously obnoxious. I really like autumn and Shaun t though. :smile:
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Totally follow what your health practitioner says. I had knee issues mostly likely from carrying too much extra weight and I found barbell squats helped a lot since I could go as low as possible.

30 Day Shred is so amazing. I'm very skeptical about the time I waste on workouts and 30DS so far has been the only one that delivers results every time. If you go through the program at least once, you will see results
  • venuila
    Options
    aryat1979 wrote: »
    venuila wrote: »

Did you get results from the JM 30 day shred? I have it and I have started it in the past but never finish it.

Yeah I can't remember the numbers though, it was before I got pregnant with baby #2. I could definitely see and feel a difference and I know a lost a bit of weight with it, don't think I checked inches at the time tho.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    My problem with 30DS was that I never grew strong enough to do anything but Level 1. I don't know why I could do the workouts daily and not progress but I didn't even start using heavier weights while, with 21DF, I am seeing improvement, increasing my weights, etc. It could be that maybe I wasn't strong enough for 30DS at the time? Regardless, after a couple of week so the workouts, I was bored. Day after day of the same thing and I just didn't care it if would work or could work, I didn't want to hear the same chattering day after day.

But I have a collection of Jillian Michaels' DVDs:
    • 30 Day Shred
    • Ripped in 30
    • Jillian Michaels for Beginners
    • Banish Fat Boost Metabolism

I even considered buying her Body Revolution DVDs because I believe in her methods but couldn't find a way to work through my boredom.
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I did P90 years ago then did P90X about 4 years ago to get myself ready for the Warrior Dash. It really did get me in shape. I think the first round I lost 6 lbs and 11 inches. Now that I'm in business for myself sometimes I just don't have an hour to work out. The 21 Day Fix workouts fit nicely into my schedule being only 30 minutes. Sometimes even that is a struggle to fit in.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @cupcake570 Well, given my results with 21 Day Fix, knowing that in 90 days I might lose 6 lbs and 11 inches . . . I may stick with 21DF. Faster results, LOL!
  • venuila
    Options
    I know there are some of you who have done numerous beachbody programs, what one would you recommend for losing lbs (that's more of a priority to me at the moment over toning and definition)?
    I am definitely noticing a change with the 21 day fix but would like to try a different one before I do a second round.:)
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am somewhat of a Beach Body junkie. I have:
    21 Day Fix
    Les Mills Pump
    Piyo
    Brazil Butt Lift
    Turbo Fire
    Turbo Jam
    T25
    So far, 21 Day Fix is my favorite! I love that all the workouts are only 30 minutes long. I also like how they focus on the nutrition and portion control in 21DF. I've never followed the nutrition guides on the other programs, so I've never had stellar results.

My next favorite would be Turbo Fire. I love Chalene. She's totally motivating. I really like the HIIT workouts in the series and I go back to them all the time. I also use them as an extra add on if I feel like I need a little extra. They're 15, 20 & 25 minutes. The only thing is that it's purely cardio. No weights involved. I think to see a big difference, you need some strength training (my personal opinion).

Les Mills Pump comes next. I love strength training, but the workouts are long. Most of them are an hour. Having a 2 year old and a full time job, I have a hard time finding an hour to workout...

I also LOVE Piyo, because I really like Chalene. The workouts are tough, but good.

I was not a fan of T25. Too jumpy & I thought the moves were sort of awkward. I just didn't mesh with this program.

BBL is ok. Leandro sort of got on my nerves. Bum Bum is the only workout I actually liked out of the set.

I think my next program will be ChaLEAN Extreme. Or maybe 21 Day Fix Extreme. I like constantly having something new to mix it up and keep my workouts interesting. I also go back and do my favorite videos all the time.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @venuila PiYo will definitely tone and strengthen. That's practically all it is. If you don't like yoga and/or Pilates, don't let the PiYo name fool you! I don't care what anyone says. This may be a fusion that's inspired by yoga and Pilates but that's like how some movies are inspired by real events and then just add a lot of nonsense "for dramatic effect." So Chalene Johnson takes typical yoga and Pilates moves (yoga's warrior poses and Pilates' criss cross) and doesn't leave you just holding a pose. No. You never ever stop moving. I have yet to make it through an entire PiYo workout without having to sink into child's pose (and thank goodness she lets us hold downward dog occasionally because sheesh!).

Here's in image of the PiYo kick through: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/258182991114428449/ Don't worry. You don't do that week 1; you get to start doing that on week 2. I think. Maybe at the end of week 1 you do it a few times. Then there's the PiYo flip: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/280138039296470732/ You don't have to worry about that one until week 3.

I'm being a little sarcastic here but, seriously, the workouts are hard. So hard I couldn't get any of my friends to try it with me.
  • nables73
    nables73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @lk27 and @SatiaRenee thank you for your input! I loved the 21DF workouts, but I have the on demand for 8 more days so I'm itching to try some workouts! I think I'll try Chalene first, maybe Turbo Fire? But there's so many videos to choose from. If you're recommending the HIIT, I will start there. I really enjoy Pilates and Yoga also, so I'll have to try PiYo too! Thanks!
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've only done 21 Day Fix so far so don't have much to add except that Shaun T (creator of Insanity) is coming out with a new dance-based program in July called Cize and it looks like SO much fun!! https://youtube.com/watch?v=N_rD-_p8TEk&linkId=13588539

Also, @SatiaRenee I'm cracking up at the thought of getting into any one of those poses...omg...I am far from graceful or coordinated. You rock!
  • venuila
    Options
    Oh I definitely want to try Cize when it comes out. Can't wait! Almost forgot about that one.

Thanks for the info on PiYo @SatiaRenee it doesn't look easy that's for sure. I don't know if I should try that cause I'm such a newb with yoga. The first time I've ever done it was with the workouts in 21 day fix and even then i feel like I'm not really doing it properly because I need to keep my head up and watch what she's doing, lol.