Aging athlete - law of aggregated miles?

Options
2»

Replies

• jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    Here's an on-line estimator that takes into account age. When I filled it out using my current metrics it showed me has having VO2 max of 46, which makes my fit-age at 45.

https://www.worldfitnesslevel.org/#/start

Nifty. I just turned 52 and my fitness age is 25, a perfect number swap. lol
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    jturnerx wrote: »
    Nifty. I just turned 52 and my fitness age is 25, a perfect number swap. lol

Well done.

That's the sort of result I'm working on. Trend is in the right direction.

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I like that calculator. 46 years old with the fitness age of less than 20. :)
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I came out under 20 too. And am also a bit concerned that my new haircut makes me look about 14.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    49 with calculator saying 28, I am happy :D
  • amyrunsforhersanity
    amyrunsforhersanity Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can tell you that my body has more aches and pains when I DON'T run, than when I do. :)
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    43 with a fitness of 22. Ohh!!! My!!

I should have got a haircut. ;)
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I can tell you that my body has more aches and pains when I DON'T run, than when I do. :)

I kind of enjoy the workout induced aches and pains....gives me a sense of accomplishment. I also enjoy the fact that I recover so quickly now!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    44 with a fitness age of 35, so I'm getting there.
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    57 with a fitness age of 39, not to bad.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Age 61, with a fitness level of 28. (Well, I do say I'm not 27 any longer). That is due to my high measured maximum heart rate, my low resting heart rate, and the ratio of height to waist size. Now a few years ago...not so much. When I plug the data in from seven years ago (when I was 54 and at my heaviest and least active), it estimates my fitness age at 75.