mom of 3 can't seem to lose weight

Options
frshwaterdrop
frshwaterdrop Posts: 3 Member
So I'm currently Trying different ways to lose weight but I cook often and crave everything lol. Weight 166 lbs. Looking to be 145lbs by summer. Anyone in similar circumstances.

Replies

• amystrohpaul
    amystrohpaul Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I'm stuck at 159 and wanting to get back down to 145. I have a demanding career, an 8 month old, 3 fur babies, a husband, run a household, and by the time dinner comes around I'm exhausted and craving my number one comfort food. .. carbs. Our anything super quick, which often means unhealthy and super processed. To combat this, I try to cook healthy, well balanced meals on the weekends and freeze them. I also prepare a gigantic fresh salad and store all of the toppings (cucumber, onion, tomato) in separate Tupperware to prevent the salad from getting soggy. This way, everything is ready to roll when it's time for dinner and I'm less likely to opt for the hot pockets, cookies, or pasta. I also try to hit the gym three times a week and mix in Zumba on two of the off days (the addition of zumba has been recent because I quit smoking). While I've only lost a few lbs over the last month and a half, I have lost three pant sizes. So, something must be working. Any tips you can share?
  • mexicanbradybunch
    mexicanbradybunch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same boat here. I have 3 biological children 13, 3, 11 months. I am also raising 3 of my husband's children full time. With 6 kids in the house I can't find time to exercise. I fluctuate between 160-165. I would love to get to 130, but can't seem to get started.
  • angie55358
    angie55358 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I'm currently Trying different ways to lose weight but I cook often and crave everything lol. Weight 166 lbs. Looking to be 145lbs by summer. Anyone in similar circumstances.

• MindfulNat
    MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Mom of 3 here: 5,2 and 8 weeks... Also having more bad days then I should in terms of food... But I'm looking at it long term and trying not to feel guilty every time I go over my calories.
  • chubbystubby
    chubbystubby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mom of three too! 10,8, and 15 months. I just can't seem to shake the weight off. I have spent the last two weeks logging everything I eat and come in under my calorie count but still am not losing weight. I'm starting to get really frustrated.
  • lbsbegone89
    lbsbegone89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mom of 2 here (4yr old and 1 yr old) and I've been stuck at 166 since after I had my 4yr old. Each pregnancy I seem to only be able to get back down to there. That's why I've decided to join MFP because I really want to finally shed all this weight and get rid of this squishy mom belly! My downfall is finding the time and energy to workout. I usually only fit it in 2x/week.
  • Kimmy82109
    Kimmy82109 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Mom of 3 here as well. 3 yr old twins and a 21 month old. Since October I've lost 31lbs. Need 9 more for my goal.
  • MegaLoveBird
    MegaLoveBird Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am SO inspired by you ladies!! I've just one 2 year old girl, but some days I am so exhausted... I don't know how you all manage such amazing lives with kids and everything else. Would love more kiddos, but I gotta get this body and my habits in check before that happens.
  • runningsahm
    runningsahm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Mom of 3: 9, 7 and 4. I also babysit two boys: 1.5 and 5 months. Eat when I'm stressed, which is most of the afternoon! I homeschool the kids too, so they are home all day! I need to lose almost 30 pounds and preferably in 15 weeks for a wedding I am standing up in. No time to waste!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of a 5 year old and a 1 year old. I'm 1.4 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. i was hoping by the time my 2nd turned 1 id be there. But that didn't happen. I love cookies too much! lol. I'm getting married August 1st. My dress alteration appointment is June 18th and I want to lose as much weight as possible by then. I do Zumba, and I'm also a licensed Zumba instructor. I dont have my own class yet but I teach one of my songs at the class I go to. I just re-joined the gym. I'm hoping I can lose at least 7 pounds by June 18th. I need as much help as I can get, so if any of you ladies want to add me, feel free!
  • HeatherMcK30
    HeatherMcK30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies :) I am Heather, mom to 4 girls! 13,9,6,7 months. I stay home but attend classes for my masters degree. Between lacrosse, cheer, and soccer..... It's tough to work out! But I try and squeeze in 30 minutes five days a week. I am also breastfeeding, which makes losing tough for me! But I lost 8 lbs the first month. I just started my second month and hoping to lose 10 this month! My long term goal is 35 lbs away which seems impossible :( But I am looking for some weight loss buddies!