getting back into shape while TTC #2

Options
humblemonkey
humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
Soo a little backstory: I was 128 pounds when starting TTC my daughter- ended up going on Metformin and gained- was 152 when I found out I was pregnant. I got up to 199 in my pregnancy and have realllllly struggled with weight ever since. My biggest issue is that while before having Hailey I was never a junk or sweets but now i cant get enough. especially sweet stuff-- i have no ability to resist it! I try to switch out things like sweet herbal teas instead of sweets etc but it is increasinly hard! But moreso than just wanting sweet stuff constantly i am ALWAYS hungry. And not bored hungry-- if I ignore it long I get nauseated and my stomach growls! It is ridiculous!

I am currently 178 and feel like I'm drowning in my own body. I go to the gym 5 times a week on top of carrying around a 28 pound child and taking walks with her. I just need to tackle the hunger issue and I feel like I could be doing so much better. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has advice!

Also-- we have been TTC for about 9 months with no luck.... im thinking my weight has a lot to do with it-- but thinking ahead if i DO get pregnant, what gym exercises besides treadmill/elliptical can i still do?

Replies

• lovestoread4
    lovestoread4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I feel your pain. I've always been over weight. I had trouble conceiving and started doing Zumba to help me stay grounded while doing infertility treatments. I lost 45 pounds then became pregnant. I'm down some up the weight I gained but I am still up 15 pounds from my lowest pre-pregnancy weight. And I still have a long way to go to getting into a normal healthy weight range. I'm also hungry all the time. Could it be sleep deprivation making us crave energy?
  • wholesometemptress
    wholesometemptress Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Girl, I FEEL you! I'm in the same boat with my weight and the sweets cravings. I feel like this came on like a freight train after having kids. I workout 5 days a week and I'm starting to think that my intense workouts are increasing my hunger. Also, I think the sleep deprivation for going on like 24+ months has definitely played a part in me gaining all of this belly fat.

If and when you get pregnant, you can do many different strength training exercises in addition to cardio. My favorite Pregnant exercises were: barbell front squats , shoulder presses, and lat pull downs. I also walked a lot and walked hills! But, it didn't seem to matter how low carb I ate during my pregnancy, I still gained over 48 lbs. I wish I had more to help!