SAHMs

Options
Sassiesue86
Sassiesue86 Posts: 21 Member
Hello!
Looking to add more stay at home mom friends on here! The biggest thing I struggle with is using food to reward myself for making it thru a stressful afternoon or day. Does anyone else struggle with that or have any suggestions or things that have helped them? I'm with my 2 and 3 year all day every day and I love it, but sometimes I do miss my office job....I am doing Insanity at night, but I do fall off the wagon 2-3 times a week with overeating so I've been at about the same weight since my 2 year was about 1. I'm around 138 and 5.7.

Replies

• wholesometemptress
    wholesometemptress Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I run into the same issues . When I have a stressful day with my 2 year old, I end up "rewarding" myself with sweets and junk. It's a vicious cycle. I just started using MyFitnessPal, so maybe this will help hold me accountable.
  • reaganshore12
    reaganshore12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Coffee is my the first thing I grab for a pick me up, but I'm nursing and know that my daughter can go without all the caffeine. I'm working towards decaf tea.

Try and make a little swap. If you want sweets, grab a banana. Savory? Maybe dip some veggies in Greek yogurt dressing. If you just want the full feeling, find a way you like oatmeal. There's thousands of ways to do it, and it's super filling.
  • Mitzimum
    Mitzimum Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm sahm to my 11 mo bubba girl, would love to have more mfp friends who understand how tough it can be sometimes. Feel free to add me :-) my worste time for cravings is after dinner so I distract myself with netflicks :-P lol
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Ok so we all have those really bad days. I have a 1 1/2 and A 3 1/2. :D
    Love them to death but there are days/afternoons mostly where I think chocolate and coffee might provide that pick me up that I would need to have a minimum amount of energy to deal with them till bedtime. It doesn't
    I always crash and get more fed up lol but there are times it still goes in my mouth. Bananas and apples really actually help me a lot (all out
  • morganjessica882
    morganjessica882 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM with a 4, 2, and 11 month old. I love my children but when it comes to eating they are leeches. Every time I try to eat anything they want it and usually eat all of it so these days I don't bother to snack or eat too much during the day. (I have a yogurt for breakfast standing at the counter and have a light lunch while they nap and then have dinner with them) so my major problem is at night after they go to bed I am really hungry and that is when when I start eating things that are not healthy just because I have peace and quiet to enjoy something. I have been starting to do better and not eat a lot before bed but sometimes I slip and feel guilty.
  • lbsbegone89
    lbsbegone89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a serious sweet tooth and that so far has been the hardest thing for me to resist. I got on pinterest and found a few low calorie sweets and I just make sure to "budget" it into my daily calories if I'm craving sweets that day. Now if it's been a rough day with the kids (mine are 4 and 1) and I know I'm going to want a beer and chips after they're off to bed I force myself to get a workout in beforehand.
  • daniparker22
    daniparker22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group. I'm a SAHM of a 4 month old baby boy. Could use some more mfp friends to keep me accountable...I do ok with eating when I have time to meal prep, but Mother's Day KILLED me! My mom sent me chocolate covered strawberries. Soo delicious but between my sweet tooth and ZERO willpower, I ate 9 of the 12 in the last 2 days
  • runningsahm
    runningsahm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Same here. SAHM of 3 and the afternoon I will eat constantly if I can get away with it. I know it's partly habit, lack of energy, and like you said a "reward" for making it through another day. I die a little every day with guilt for being a hypocrite. Expecting my kids to have better healthy habits than I have managed to maintain or learn myself. Sugar is my weakness for sure. Some days I feel like I would eat spoons of sugar from the sugar bowl if I couldn't find anything else. @daniparker22 I would have finished them all the same day. I admire your will power!