5/7 Day 77 Thursday Movin May 7

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Spring Cleaning Project 1!

Challenge:
We've all got small projects around the house that we've been meaning to get to. It might be reorganizing a closet, sweeping the garage, washing the car or something else. It's Spring Cleaning season so let's take a few times this month to finish that project and check it off the to-do list. Sure, it may not be that much fun, but it's a great way to GOMA and you'll feel terrific afterwards!

Alternative Challenge: Go for a 15 minute nature walk! You can do it all at once or break it up into smaller chunks if you wish.

On another note:

Spring Cleaning at my Grandma's is done. We went to this place called Artful Designs afterwards as a treat. My aunt and her grandkid came along as well! It is a place that has premade pottery and statues that you glaze yourself and they fire it for you! It is so cool! My Grandma is the one that is manning the camera and that is me in the photos. It looks good but i can't wait to see the colors changed when it is fired. I would have taken pictures while I was cleaning but I doubt you would like to see that! :cold_sweat:

2w9fb2jupfy5.jpg
07sokozt60b0.jpg
dz6vlgf0zo0v.jpg
wt5ovpsgulfy.jpg

This is my awesome of awesomest Granma's ever!
4zyz2lsu4o9l.jpg

Replies

• DianaJaneD
    DianaJaneD Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful painting you made! As far as the topic today of getting projects done around the house: Being meticulous around the house is part of what's contributed to my success with health and fitness. It seems I'm always looking for the next "project" that needs to be done. It's rewarding AND contributes to NEAT (non exercise activity thermogenesis)!!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Auna, you are such a talented artist! I love the cardinal! And I bet the pottery will be impressive too.

And great job helping your Grandma Spring clean!

I'll do today's challenge by straightening up my dining room. It's a mess and with the tax and college financial aid application seasons now over, it's time for a clean-up!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,002 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's some great artwork! I think I'll take the nature walk. There is a green space near one of my campuses, and I have to go by that school to drop off student grades. I definitely will not be getting into cleaning - maybe mañana. ;)
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I do love this challenge. In fact, I started on my kitchen closet early this morning and have the Good Will bags in the car. Now to drag everything else out and put away winter coats and things. It's a space under the stairs so it's pretty good sized. Seeing your artwork inspires me to do something creative as well today. Beautiful cardinal picture!
  • harmonjessicaa
    harmonjessicaa Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am going to clean off all the junk that accumulates on the pool table in my basement. I've been seriously procrastinating! On a separate note, I bought an older version of Jawbone on the cheap and set an idle alarm that goes off if I am idle for 15 minutes...I think it will be helpful. I am new to this group and love reading everyone's posts about how they're being more active!
  • Krishna_Veni
    Krishna_Veni Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ur painting is excellent. I cleaned my house and walkin 30min done.
  • MnMalecha
    MnMalecha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Beautiful painting! I am hitting the spring cleaning. I did the dreaded clothes sort for my kids. So all small stuff and winter stuff was packed labeled and stored. And now I'm washing loads and loads of summer clothes for them to replace the packed ones. I also am stripping my cloth diapers and hanging them out to sun dry today
  • leger151
    leger151 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great day to clean out the laundry room. I'm moving in the next two months, so cleaning out rooms is going to get me exercise and one more task done for the move. :)
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Dining room is picked-up! :)
  • lynnsh98
    lynnsh98 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just moved a month ago so my house is pretty organized and clean. We did the basic picking up today. My personal challenge to get up more at work is off to a great start. I normally end up my day with about 1500 steps. But today I managed to get 3500 steps at work. WooHoo!
  • keepcalmrunon246
    keepcalmrunon246 Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I did basic picking up and some tidying away - which was nice because Thursday is the end of my work week, so stuff was tidied up for the weekend. I did a little yoga shoulder stretching too. Thanks for sharing your artwork and Granma pic :)
  • fitnatic130
    fitnatic130 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Didnt get chance to post yesterday I started sorting kitchen draws out the rest of the kitchen cupboards are on the list

Your painting is beautiful x
  • matott25
    matott25 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    sorry I didnt get to post the past few days. Cleaned the whole house from top to bottom the other day. I need to go through all the kids clothes next. walked done :)