Nutriwalkers

Options
13»

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    I'm a walker...my four dogs LOVE my new exercise regime. If they see my tennis shoes, they run to the leashes and dance around. When they see my work shoes, they go back to bed!
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm a walker...my four dogs LOVE my new exercise regime. If they see my tennis shoes, they run to the leashes and dance around. When they see my work shoes, they go back to bed!

Love it! I can't believe how smart our pets are. My little Morkie does the happy dance when I walk anywhere near her leash.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Mine, too. She gets so excited no matter how many times a day I walk. Of course, once we are into the walk and she sees a snake, then she barks the entire time, aggravates the snake, and distracts my concentration. LOL!
  • Katherine52459
    Katherine52459 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Walked two miles today - but at a slow pace. I'm regaining my strength.
  • alash52
    alash52 Posts: 23 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I walk a lot now. My dog just loves to walk with me. I do have to say when I first started I could only walk 1 block, but now I can walk and walk and walk some more.... I usually get my 10,000 steps in.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Me, too, alash52. In the beginning, it was so difficult to just move, much less attempt to walk any length of time. I'm just up to 2 1/2 - 3 miles/day. I will continue to lengthen as I can. :)
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    tobefitJen wrote: »
    PeggyS925 wrote: »
    I suffer from plantar fasciitis and I've really got my feet screaming at me! I guess I need to get on the ole exercise bicycle and give my tootsies a break from walking! Hopefully when I get some more weight off of this body my feet will will feel better.

Peggy have you ever been fitted at a specialty store for athletic shoes? It will make a HUGE difference! I don't know that mine was plantar fasciitis but I was having a problem with my right foot a few weeks ago. I decided before I got completely sidelined to go to a specialty store and let them fit me. They measured both feet and had me walk to analyze my gait. They then picked out several options for me to try that would be good for my foot and suggested that I add an insert for added arch support. I'm so happy with what I came home with and it wasn't as expensive as I was expecting. Total around $200 for shoes, inserts and a pair of socks. Even though my foot was still hurting, I continued to walk with the new shoes. It has gotten better everyday and it barely bothers me anymore. Mainly I can tell that it isn't a 100% first thing when I wake up.

I probably said all that and you'll say, yes I have been fitted. ;)

UPDATE: I went to a Specialty Athletic shoe store while we were in Reno. They measured, made an ink template of my foots pressure points, recommended a pair of shoes, tried several different inserts and I walked out of there $535 poorer! My husband insisted I take the plunge and I must say ☺️ So far so good☺️. That's right 1 pair shoes, I "exerciser" insert, 3 foam pads = $535. We did tons of walking on our trip and I can honestly say it was worth every dime! Thanks so much for leading me down that path. I can truly say it's changed the health of my feet!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    I went to a running specialty store yesterday and got evaluated and fitted for shoes. My shoes were $120, and I bought 4 pairs of socks for an additional $42. Makes a very nice and noticeable difference!
  • tsydor46
    tsydor46 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, I walk my dog 3 times a day. Sometimes we take the long walk (which is about 1 mile) and sometimes the short walk which is only half a mile).
    I also go to the Y and will either do the stationary bike, treadmill or elliptical. I really think I need to do the elliptical more than the bike though. I am holding at the same weight for a few weeks now and I need to do something different to make the pounds start coming off again. :)
    I started the first week of February and have lost 25 lbs so far.