Crossfit Bootcamp

Options
marilync1266
marilync1266 Posts: 67 Member
Anyone else doing crossfit bootcamps? How is it different than regular crossfit?

Replies

• Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Our crossfit bootcamp is called crossfit lite - meaning they do everything we do except no lifting. They still do KB, pull ups, wall balls etc - just no bar work.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I'd be weary of these bootcamps unless run through an affiliated crossfit box - as a lot of people are jumping on the 'crossfit' bandwagon without being certified.
  • marilync1266
    marilync1266 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I go to a crossfit box - I really like it, there is a feel of community and acceptance.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    This is basically an introductory course that will teach you some of the crossfit moves in a more relaxed pace. Look at that cross fit’s WOD and compare it to what you’re doing that day and you’ll see the difference. After a bootcamp class, you should be fit enough to start into crossfit albeit scaled.

Enjoy!
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Our box is small so there was no boot camp for new folks. You just showed up at the regular class. But, there are not more than 6 people at a class and often less. You get a lot of attention but when someone new is there, they are probably going to get more

This morning we did Bulgarian deadlift which I don't think we had done before. We all worked on breaking down the skill together. And, no one had very much weight on. It was more about HOW to do the lift.

At our box it seemed like the lifting was really eased into slowly. Lots and lots of attention to how to move with not much weight for a long time. When we did start adding weight, it was slowly, not BAM to your PR. I felt like I was finally really PR'ing at about 9-12 MONTHS of consistent crossfit.

I have gone for 2 years, 3-4 times per week. I've never been hurt there