5/8 Day 78 Friday Movin May!

Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
How's Your “One Thing” Going?
Challenge: You selected one action in particular to focus on this month that should result in you sitting less (See: http://www.quittingthesitting.com/simple-plan-to-sit-less) How is this priority action going? Is it becoming easier to do and maybe even a habit? Stick with it and give it some attention. New habits need regular practice!

Alternative Challenge: Walk 25 additional minutes today. You can do it all at once or break it up into smaller chunks if you wish.

Replies

• lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    My main goal is to just increase what I'm already doing! I decided last night to increase my evening treadmill walking time from 30 minutes to 40 minutes. Now I just need to increase my day time walks by 15 minutes and I've nailed todays alternate challenge too!! :smiley:
  • keepcalmrunon246
    keepcalmrunon246 Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2015
    My goal was sitting less during breaks at work and adding yoga stretches throughout the day. I am enjoying the challenges and it's going well. There are lots of very short yoga videos online, and I leave my yoga mat right by the sofa - so no excuses really. I'm going to get on the mat right now :)
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
    Keepcalm, leaving the yoga mat right next to the sofa is a GREAT idea and a good reminder to move!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,342 Member
    I'm loving the challenges. They have been reminding me to move more. Yesterday, my classroom was empty after my class, so I did a dancing/ HIIT workout to Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers Youtubes on the big screen. I've also been walking around and drinking coffee while I'm teaching more. I just move the chair away from the standing desk and go.
  • fitnatic130
    fitnatic130 Posts: 53 Member
    I am actually keeping up with my goal I have 1 load to put away which I will do after dinner tonight its great not having piles of clothes waiting to be put away
  • fadraface01
    fadraface01 Posts: 21 Member
    My goal was to sit less at the computer while charting my assessments and I have achieved that by charting standing inside the room with a moveable computer. I also have been actively parking far from entrances STILL
  • MnMalecha
    MnMalecha Posts: 23 Member
    Still working on making my sit less goal a habit. I did do extra walking today though. It was so beautiful out.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
    I love hearing these updates. And I'm looking forward to hearing how your active weekends go! Keep us posted!
  • fadraface01
    fadraface01 Posts: 21 Member
    Field day at school and Like shake n bake "I helped"
  • matott25
    matott25 Posts: 13 Member
    Still working on sitting less. But I have been parking farther away when I go to stores.
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    I have been getting up every hour to fill my water cup at work. It was going well until this past Thur/Fri where I was in a different location for work. Will keep working to make it a habit.