NS Food Tweaks

Options

Replies

• pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    jrn8ion wrote: »
    Doctored up some Black Beans and Rice yesterday with some mushrooms and 2 oz of turkey sausage, along with a little Ms. Dash Garlic & Herb --- it was really good :) I didn't have it with me, but next time I think I use some southwestern spices instead.

I put less water in it to get it thicker. Shred lettuce, dice onion, tomatoes and jalapenos. Put lettuce in a bowl, Add black beans & rice, top with onions, tomatoes and peppers. Add salsa, then I crunch the NS cheddar tortilla chips over the top, sometimes a slice of avocado (count as extra). Its my Mexi-Flare lol. The chips count as your dessert fyi.

That sounds great --- I'll have to keep that one!
  • Marlenef161616
    Marlenef161616 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think we all know by now that addin PB to the Spicy Kung Pao Noodles is The Thing. But thought I'd mention it just in case somebody's new... ;)

Where do you buy PB2?

Target sells it too
  • Whosebeeping
    Whosebeeping Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Buffalo style Mac and cheese.
    I saw this recipe on nutrisystem board one day and grabbed it. I don't know who to give credit to but it is really quite good. I made some modifications. I used shrimp instead of chicken. I did not put in the laughing cow cheese but I did sprinkle fat free cheddar on top. I did bake it and then I broiled it for a couple. I love burnt cheese. I used the Mac and beef bc I hate the Mac and beef. This made it quite edible. Chicken vs shrimp would have been good to. I had so much food I could barely eat it and it was creamy and very tasty.

yub8g5reg723.jpg
    2e414h5khhxl.jpg

• MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    looks gooooood!
  • perrychristina97
    perrychristina97 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This looks amazing! Makes me wish I had some NS mac and cheese on hand. I might try it with the three cheese chicken. Thanks for sharing!
  • Whosebeeping
    Options
    I'm sure lots of folks have done this. Mother's Day omelette with 2 slices of fat free cheddar and sauté peppers and onions with a slice of pumpernickel. Tons of food here. 1 PF 1 SC and one NS omelette along with veggies.

p6ytwgdlcsvy.jpg
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Options
    klriano wrote: »
    I've got a newbish question; I've just transitioned from the Fast5 to the regular women's plan so PF's & SC's are new for me. I love the "tweaks" and "twists" that take the NS food from meh to wow, and I pour over the recipes and forums for ideas. I also see people save a PF or SC to add to the tweak. The actual question is; Do you need to eat the PF's & SC's at the proscribed meal/snack or can you eat them at other times (Like save the breakfast PF for lunch ?) as long as you get them all in to meet your Calorie/Macro goals?
    You answered your own question. You can move any food around to whatever time is convenient for you. The flexibility of that is what has made so many people successful.
  • SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I tried the sloppy joe and wasn't a fan... Last night I 'tried' it again and 'doctored' it a bit: diced peppers, onions, and 1 clove crushed garlic sauteed, add sloppy joe and a Tbsp no sugar BBQ sauce. I also added a couple of shakes of Mrs. Dash Spicy.... Quite yummy, I may add it back into my order.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I've tried to like the Sloppy Joe, too.

I'm going to try your suggestion of adding the BBQ sauce, SillyRabbit. Thank you.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Not a tweak but a recipe I thought y'all might be able to use on your journey
    zogc4112mp0v.jpg
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That sounds (and looks) great!
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello All, Is there any way to make the Chocolate Frosted Donut better? I've tried so many foods on NS already and even enjoyed foods that I normally wouldn't eat but found the donut to be the worst thing by far. The reviews were pretty bad and I should have trusted them. When Swati asked me to describe the taste, the only thing I could come up with was that it tastes like bad Sambuca. Don't worry about answering my original question - I will not be ordering these again.
  • perrychristina97
    Options
    I microwave the donut for 7 seconds and I love it. I think I might be the only one who enjoys it.
  • perrychristina97
    Options
    I just have to share my new favorite NS protein shake tweak. I use my Nutri Ninja to make it. I put a bunch of ice cubes, water, the chocolate protein shake mix, 1 tablespoon sugar free Hersheys chocolate syrup (8 calories), and 1/4 package of the cheesecake flavor sugar free fat free Jello mix (25 calories - limited extra). Yummy!!!
  • mgravenhorst
    mgravenhorst Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I purchased my PB2 at Target. I was unable to find it at Walmart by me. Makes the Spicy Kung Pao Noodles actually a dish I wanted to eat. I didn't like it the first time I ate it until I put in the PB2. That made it a whole lot better!

• Whosebeeping
    Options
    I love croutons. I know. Bad bad bad. But today I cooked my Steak and where is the cheese melt a bit too long. Guess what...I had some very tasty croutons in my salad w some fat free maple grove Caesar. Almost as good as Olive Garden!!!
  • perrychristina97
    Options
    I love croutons. I know. Bad bad bad. But today I cooked my Steak and where is the cheese melt a bit too long. Guess what...I had some very tasty croutons in my salad w some fat free maple grove Caesar. Almost as good as Olive Garden!!!

If you love croutons you could try making them from the frozen chicken sandwich bun (NS lunch). That way you can have a salad with chicken and yummy croutons. Search for "day old hamburger buns crouton recipe". I'm not sure if MFP will let me use a link.
    http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/232998/old-hamburger-bun-croutons/
  • AshTrixxy
    AshTrixxy Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I microwave the donut for 7 seconds and I love it. I think I might be the only one who enjoys it.

Its ok! I'm a weirdo who likes it, too. To me it tastes like a multigrain cake donut. Its definitely better than the sweet bun cinnamon roll thing...
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I know I posted this before but I don't think it was in this thread. NS Smooth Vanilla Shake Mix + Powerade Zero Orange = Delicious Orange Creamsicle Recovery Drink
  • SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The orange creamsicle sounds yummy, will have to try that! I add 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (30 cal) with ice and blend - very creamy (I also like the sugar free Tosani syrups).