2015 MFP Giro d'Italia Challenge - Ride Logging Thread

Options
TheBigYin
TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
MFP_GrandTour_Challenge_Logo.jpg

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the 2015 MyFitnessPal Giro d'Italia Grand Tour Challenge.

This thread is solely for entering ride details into. Please keep all questions, discussions or general banter and inter-team trash talking in the discussion thread ( http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10139694/2015-mfp-grand-tour-challenge-signup-and-discussion-thread#Item_102 )

To attempt to simplify matters, I've created a "template" for ride logging that I really do need you to use:
Giro Challenge Entries for Rider ___ Team _

Stage Date    Distance       Time           Ascent(m)  Ride Log URL
                            h:mm:ss
====================================================================================
1        09/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
2        10/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
3        11/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
4	 12/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________ 	
5        13/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
6        14/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
7        15/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
8        16/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
9        17/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
R        18/05
10       19/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
11       20/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
12       21/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
13       22/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
14       23/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
15       24/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
R        25/05
16       26/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
17       27/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
18       28/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
19       29/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
20       30/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
21       31/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________

Running Total ____.__km

I'd suggest you copy/paste the template above into a .txt file on your machine, and use that text file as your own personal master file. Just edit in the rides as they are logged, when you're happy with everything, just "select all" and paste it into a post in this thread. If you're feeling REALLY helpful, wrap the "code" format around the entry pasted, and it should even come out as a proper table...

RIDES POSTED IN OTHER FORMATS (e.g. cut and paste from excel etc. - unless identical to the above format) WILL BE DELETED AND NOT COUNT UNTIL POSTED CORRECTLY. I WASTED FAR TOO MUCH TIME IN LAST YEARS CHALLENGES TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF PEOPLES "INTERPRETATIONS" OF THE REQUIRED DATA FORMAT. So - This time, it's "No More Mr. Nice Guy..." IF YOU CAN'T DO THIS, PLEASE SAY, WHILE WE STILL HAVE TIME TO FIND SOMEONE TO TAKE YOUR PLACE. IF YOU'RE NOT 100% SURE HOW IT WORKS, WAIT A FEW DAYS AND SEE THE OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS AS AN EXAMPLE - AND IF YOU'RE STILL NOT SURE, PM ME AND I'LL TALK YOU THROUGH IT. Oh and the one biggie... EVERYTHING IS IN METRIC - Distances in Km, Ascent in Metres. Switch your Strava to metric settings for the duration folks please (or at least switch it over while collating your post), as neither I nor my Assistants have the time or inclination to check your manual conversions (which ARE invariably different at some point due to rounding errors). And as to why it's all metric. Simple:

1. It's A Continental Race, that's measured in Km's
2. Rule #24
3. I say so. It's my Challenge, don't like it, go start your own!

Also - as a note to the regulars, since MFP have made a complete mess of the "communities" and removed edit permissions for group managers, it's now impossible for me or any of my assistants to actually add in a separate note to each entry as "proof of posting to the master spreadsheet". We're also unable to delete old entries, so the thread WILL become absolutely MAHOOSIVE in a very short time. SO, once again, NO off-topic (i.e. non-ride posting) entries in here please, Keep that to the Discussion thread. Please Try and only add one update per day, and before posting check the last post in the thread... if there's a message saying it's currently being updated to the master spreadsheet, don't post until you've been given the all clear.

So... just a couple of guidelines / disclaimers before we start...

1) You don't have to ride every day that the tour riders do, just ride as often as you can, at a sustainable level - no point in riding 3 back to back centuries and then being restrained to the couch for the next 14 days. IF YOU GET SICK/UNWELL/INJURED STOP RIDING AND SEE A DOCTOR-YOU ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL CYCLISTS AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO TOUGH IT OUT

2) If you ride more than once in a day, post the total distance, Time and Altitude, with a series of URL's for the individual logs - with 4 (or more) teams of 9 riders to keep track of, I really don't have the extra time to be adding 6 rides to the shops and back up every day for some people. While it's no big thing for a single person, with 40 or more people potentially doing this, last year I think I spent more time logging things than I actually did riding.

3) Remember, It's not **really** a race - don't go out and ride at stupid dangerous speeds and hurt yourselves. It's not big, or clever, and I can't afford the lawsuits that would ensue :laugh:

4) Post your ride details as soon as you are easily able to do so - while the "intrim results" will be available in the spreadsheet, these are very much "to be confirmed" records, and are subject to scrutiny/amendment at a later date, and will not be finalised until a couple of days after the challenge closes. If however you are off the bike for a couple of days, please add the rides as "DNR" as soon as you can. Also - if you're "on tour" or away from t'internet, don't sweat it (though a PM to me beforehand to let me know so I don't waste time searching for anything from you would be appreciated) - we'll get there eventually. When I've entered your ride, I'll stick an edit in the bottom of the thread to say it's sorted, and add a link to the updated spreadsheet by means of confirmation.

5) Ride logging commences 00:01am (in your own local time zone) on 9th May 2014. Logging ends at 23:59pm (again, local TZ) on 1st June 2014. For night rides that may cross from one day to the next, I reserve the right to log them in whichever day may need the extra mileage :wink:

6) Rides will be logged in a Read-Only Google Spreadsheet available Here...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iiOhL_qUcyXVUmoihCTSrMyiDSjfElN20dF_v8Rdn_k/edit?usp=sharing

Go have a look at it, it's rather cool, if I do say so myself...

7) for Team Time Trial Stages, in order for the stage to be considered complete, at least 5 or more riders need to ride this stage - so, not only do you need to exceed 17.6km for stage 1, but 5 or more riders need to book a ride (7 of you could ride 2km each if you so wanted, or one rider could ride 30km and 4 others could ride 100m up and down the road, BUT at least 5 need to ride on that day.

8) While we try and get the data entered perfectly, it's a big task, and the forum structure at MFP is now very messy and not really optimal, so it's entirely possible that mistakes may be made in entering your logged rides. If you notice a problem, drop me a PM rather than ranting about it in the thread - and please remember that this ISN'T actually how I earn my living, this is a free, fun challenge, and I'm out there riding as well, so please don't expect a 10 minute response 24x7 for the duration as, you'll be very sadly disappointed, and probably asked to leave and never return. I do get a little bit (ahem) forthright with people who are unable to follow the (hopefully clear) instructions, and as veterans of the challenges are well aware, I've had no qualms about throwing people out of the challenge before if needed, and will do again if needed - as I said above, the most important rule is because " I say so. It's my Challenge, don't like it, go start your own!"

9) And after all that..... Ultimately It's all for fun and fitness - so go out there and enjoy it...

ETA: Please don't post in this thread until the Challenge Starts on 9th May 2015 - See you all on the Starting Ramp in San Lorenzo a Mare...

Cinque , Quattro, Tre ,Due, Uno , vai , Vai, VAI !!!!

Replies

• TheBigYin
    Options
    Thread Open for Submissions - just in case our Antipodean contingent decide on a night ride...
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Giro Challenge Entries for Rider 313 Team PIE PRO CYCLING

Stage Date Distance Time Ascent(m) Ride Log URL
    ====================================================================================
    1 09/05 10.5km 0:27:17 80m https://www.strava.com/activities/300740346
    2 10/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    3 11/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    4 12/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    5 13/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    6 14/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    7 15/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    8 16/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    9 17/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    R 18/05
    10 19/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    11 20/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    12 21/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    13 22/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    14 23/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    15 24/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    R 25/05
    16 26/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    17 27/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    18 28/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    19 29/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    20 30/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    21 31/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________

Running Total 10.5km

Mark, Let me know if you are happy with the format. :)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Brett... that's perfect, though if when you paste the text in, if you could "format" it using the "Code" paragraph style that'd be absolutely perfect...

(if you're wondering, it's this one...

f41eaawd3z4x.jpg

Okay folks, we're off and running - Logged to this point, Spreadsheet available for viewing on

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iiOhL_qUcyXVUmoihCTSrMyiDSjfElN20dF_v8Rdn_k/edit?usp=sharing

(PLEASE bookmark it folks, but I'll try and remember to add it to the "posted to this point" messages as well)

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,197 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Giro Challenge Entries for Rider 337 Team MFP_Lotta Jumbos

1 09/05 _14.2km _0:38:07 __0m www.strava.com/activities/300907885
    R 18/05
    R 25/05

Running Total __14.2km
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Giro Challenge Entries for Rider 309 Team Pastana

1        09/05   _19.7_km  _1:00:19  _181m  https://www.strava.com/activities/300931044
    2        10/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    3        11/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    5        13/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    6        14/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    7        15/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    8        16/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    9        17/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    R        18/05
    10       19/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    11       20/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    12       21/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    13       22/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    14       23/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    15       24/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    R        25/05
    16       26/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    17       27/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    18       28/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    19       29/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    20       30/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    21       31/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________

Running Total __19.7_km

• BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Giro Challenge Entries for Rider 332 Team 3

Stage Date Distance Time Ascent(m) Ride Log URL h:mm:ss
    1 09/05 77.5km 2:58:07 728m https://www.strava.com/activities/300961752
    2 10/05 DNS
    3 11/05 DNS
    4 12/05 DNS
    5 13/05 DNS
    R 18/05
    R 25/05

Running Total 77.5km

I'm afraid I'm away with work, bad planning on my part. So cant ride till at least Thursday and more likely Sunday :(
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Giro Challenge Entries for Rider 308 Team 1

Stage Date    Distance       Time    Ascent(m)  Ride Log URL
    1        09/05   __3.00km  _0:07:50  __13m  https://www.strava.com/activities/300978072
    R        18/05
    R        25/05

Running Total ___3.00km

• Dave2041
    Dave2041 Posts: 257 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Giro Challenge Entries for Rider 304 Team Pastana

1        09/05  53.8km  01:50:30  566m  https://www.strava.com/activities/301062045
    R        18/05
    R        25/05

Running Total 53.8km

• Bram61
    Bram61 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Giro Challenge Entries for Rider 314 Team PIE

1        09/05   _26.80km  _1:40:59  _230m  https://app.strava.com/activities/301126561
    R        18/05
    R        25/05

Running Total __26.8km

• ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Giro Challenge Entries for Rider 307 Team Pastana

1        09/05    78.6 km   2:50:53   533m  https://www.strava.com/activities/301177691
    R        18/05
    R        25/05

Running Total 78.6 km

• veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Giro Challenge Entries for Rider 301 Team Pastana

1        09/05   138.0km  05:23:25  1,694m  https://www.strava.com/activities/301234814 & https://www.strava.com/activities/301234890
    R        18/05
    R        25/05

Running Total 138.0km

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Giro Challenge Entries for Rider 317 Team Team PIE pro cycling

1 09/05 23 .0km 01:16:12 50m https://www.strava.com/athletes/5695589
    R 18/05
    R 25/05

Running Total ____.__km

Hope this is correct
  • anviljenkins
    anviljenkins Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Giro Challenge Entries for Rider 302 Team Pastana

================================================================================    

1        09/05    104.7km  04:02:18   162m  www.strava.com/activities/301325338
    4        12/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________        
    R        18/05
    R        25/05

Running Total 104.7 km

• cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Giro Challenge Entries for Rider 316 Team Pie

1 09/05 17.9 km 00:49:22 119m https://www.strava.com/activities/301350204
    R 18/05
    R 25/05

Running Total 17.9 km
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Giro Challenge Entries for Rider 315 Team 2

1 09/05 49.1km 1:56:59 205m https://app.strava.com/activities/301359019
    R 18/05