I dont know how to start again

Options
maoribadger
maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
It feels really overwhelming. I am still struggling really badly but I want to start back on my journey but I dont know how. Everythings a muddle.

That probably makes no sense. I cant even plan a meal at the moment Im just grazing here and there as I think about it and its all crap but being balanced out by feeling sick if I eat much so not bothering too often.

Replies

• PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I would say start slowly. Nothing drastic or fantastic, if the planning is throwing you off simply log what you eat. Doesn't matter if you log before or after you ate it, just make sure to log it. Don't worry about macros or any of that crap, just start with logging. Even if you go over your calories.

Worry about logging what your eating and then once your comfortable with that worry about using that logging to help you make changes. But if your trying to do it all at ounce then it might be too overwhelming.

Not really sure if that helps, I imagine you already know it, but I hope it can be less overwhelming. Just remember that these are everyday habits that you will need to be able to do for the rest of your life. If its all feeling overwhelming right now maybe thats just a way of saying that your making it too complicated on yourself.
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Thanks Pat. I went to try and shop today and ended up leaving with nothing so am thinking this week I will just log and see where it goes from there
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    big hugs to you Lise.
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Thanks Cari a hug is gratefully received atm. Sorry I am kinda venting this here but for most people I guess not being able to plan a meal is probably no big deal but when I am just going day to day it seems too much right now and the implications for me losing weight makes it a big deal to me. #fatgirlproblemsiguess
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I definitely understand Lise. Thankfully my boyfriend is having a bariatric surgery also and he keeps me in check. I want to be happy and healthy and around a long time with him.
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Yeah my husbands not so great at helping. He either dysfunctionally joins in because he's eating his own issues or he points out in getting fat
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Sending you hugs. For me, whether logging or whatever, I would pick one thing. One tiny little thing that you can do an maintain. Do that one thing and celebrate it each day. Focus on it. Accomplish it. Revel it in. Even if it is a case of drinking that one bottle of water or having a successful BM that day. Sometimes, the more ridiculous, the better. Just something you can do. Getting out of bed and remembering to take your medications without having to look at a reminder. Remembering to smile when you see your kids. No matter what it is, no matter how small it seems, look at it. Revel in it. You are doing so much more than you realize. Maybe, if you've the energy to, make a journal for accomplishments.

If one of your daughters was struggling with something, you would find a way to help her celebrate the little things until she gains confidence, right? If it helps at all, think of Lise or Maoribadger as your third child. Because often times, we treat others so much better than we do ourselves. If you can kind of dissociate enough to find a way to treat yourself better, it might get easier.

If not, try to focus on those small accomplishments. Be your own ridiculously enthusiastic cheerleader, even if it feels fake as he!!. Fake it until you make it. If planning a menu is too much, go to one of your former weeks and copy it. Go online and find a menu from someone posting things online. I remember the days where even getting out of bed seemed like way more effort than I had to give. I've walked around a store and felt so overwhelmed I couldn't figure out what to do and just walked out. Not being able to focus and concentrate and give effort you don't have makes the problems worse, because then you add up that voice in your head that starts beating you up, too.

I don't have the answers, but my advice is start with something you have a decent chance of maintaining without too much effort... Celebrate the small things, and eventually, other things seem possible again, too.

Love and hugs, Lise...
    Carly
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Thanks hon. Sorry Im useless at answering long posts at the moment but its appreciated
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Thanks hon. Sorry Im useless at answering long posts at the moment but its appreciated

Please don't feel obligated to do anything! Just wanted to ramble on to get my point across as I usually do!! (hugs)
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Everyone else has offered amazing support and advice, so I'll just add more *hugs* to the mix!