New to NS

Options
fbate169
fbate169 Posts: 8 Member
Hi all, My name is Fran and I am waiting for my NS to get here. They did not tell me they were closing down the blogs and support when I ordered ny food, but happen to see this on a blog post on their website. I am so glad that I found all of you because I am going to need support and hope I can give support to all of you

Replies

• Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi Fran. I'm Phyllis. I sign my notes P~ . I'm glad you found us too! I've been with NS since the second week of January and am down 37 pounds as of last Monday. :) I believe you will like the program. The support from NS users was something I found irreplaceable. That is why we all migrated here in a collective unit. ;) I am so glad you found us and will hang with us. Feel free to friend me -- Shie1 -- if you would like. I will help support you any way I can. The biggest step was making up your mind to do NS....now let the fun begin!! All the best, P~
  • fbate169
    Options
    Thank you P~ For your welcome and congrats on all the weight you have lost so far! Looking forward to starting and getting involved with the community.
  • fbate169
    Options
    P~ how do you friend someone on this website?
  • Shie1
    Options
    fbate169 wrote: »
    P~ how do you friend someone on this website?

You could click on the name under my picture in this thread. There will be a button there to ask to "friend". Click on that, and you can write a message if you like, and then send. The person on the other end has to accept. I sent you a friend request. :)
  • Shie1
    Options
    You can also use the "find members" tab at the top of this page. Community, then find members, then you would type in the members name -- for instance if it was me, you would type in Shie1 -- and follow prompts from there.
  • fbate169
    Options
    Thanks for the info..I accepted your friend request
  • AshTrixxy
    AshTrixxy Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Welcome Fran! I'm starting my second month on NS, so I'm new as well. As a newbie, one thing they didn't tell me when I ordered the first time is that when you do the Fast 5 first, then the 1st week doesn't include extra protein and carbs like a normal week does, just lots and LOTS of veggies. I ended up giving groceries away because I didn't know. Good luck!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi Fran...my name is Valerie and I'm from North Carolina...welcome! You will find this group is caring supportive uplifting upbuilding and non judgmental(just like the blog group on the soon to be discontinued NS site).... We have all levels of NS users here from newbies to old timers to maintainers to off plan NS users....check out the thread here...all kinds of great tips, tricks motivation and questions answered!!!!
  • perrychristina97
    perrychristina97 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Glad you found us! I started at the end of January, and it has been so helpful to me to have an online group of people to keep me on track.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hello Fran.

I'm Flo. Going into my 5th week and still hanging in there. :)
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome, glad you are here!!
  • 61andHealthyMFP
    61andHealthyMFP Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome- NS is a great program. We're here for support-Glad you're here.
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    fbate169 wrote: »
    Hi all, My name is Fran and I am waiting for my NS to get here. They did not tell me they were closing down the blogs and support when I ordered ny food, but happen to see this on a blog post on their website. I am so glad that I found all of you because I am going to need support and hope I can give support to all of you

I Fran -- I'm Patty, and am at the 2 1/2 week mark, so not far ahead of you. I'm thru FF, and into my regular program. So far so good :) This group is great -- as soon as I started, I heard on the NS site that certain things were closing down, so I just scooted right over here :) It's a wonderful bunch of folks --- I think you'll be happy.

P
  • garnetbutterfly131
    garnetbutterfly131 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome Fran! I'm Flo. I've been on NS since the end of February. I'm glad that you found us here. I wish you all the best on your journey.
  • fbate169
    Options
    ashv4444 wrote: »
    Welcome Fran! I'm starting my second month on NS, so I'm new as well. As a newbie, one thing they didn't tell me when I ordered the first time is that when you do the Fast 5 first, then the 1st week doesn't include extra protein and carbs like a normal week does, just lots and LOTS of veggies. I ended up giving groceries away because I didn't know. Good luck!
    Glad you found us! I started at the end of January, and it has been so helpful to me to have an online group of people to keep me on track.

• fbate169
    Options
    Thanking all of you for your kindness!
  • TheDaddyBear
    TheDaddyBear Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our new members! This is a great community and I'm so glad you found us.
  • alash52
    alash52 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome Fran, I'm Anita. I've been on NS for 10 weeks and I find the NS members are very supportive and helpful. I've been struggling for years trying to get my weight under 200 and it wasn't until I joined NS that I was able to do that. Part of the credit goes to the NS members themselves because of the ideas and support they give.
  • SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Fran! Welcome. You've found a great support group here. Good luck as you begin your journey!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    WELCOME to all. :):)