Exercise only?

Options
m_kipp
m_kipp Posts: 86 Member
Hello. My wife and I are thinking about doing the 21 day fix workout but not following the food plan, but sticking with healthy foods and logging here on MFP. Is the program good? Do you think we will see results? (we don't care about the 21 days...as long as it works time is not an issue). Thanks!

Replies

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    honestly i think the majority of it is the nutrition plan. the workouts are minimal, only 30 minutes. it's 90% the nutrition, IMO.
  • doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The nutrition plan focuses not only on the equivalent calories, but on the quality and balance of calories (macros) that you're eating. If you're tracking all of that through mfp, I would say fine, but i definitely wasn't, so it was essential to my success overall.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I agree with @doodlebug32 regarding the macros. If you're hitting them, you should see results. If you don't feel or see any difference after one week, you might consider either adopting the food plan in spite of your initial resistance or follow the schedule that has double workouts. You'll notice that the Abs Fix which is on both DVDs is not on the regular schedule so you could also add that to your daily routine. @dkwi04 is doubling up the workouts and on May 4, I'll be adding the abs to my daily workout plus increasing my weights on the 27th. Wish me luck! LOL!
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I will chime in and agree. I had been watching calories and exercising prior to the 21DF. I started following the nutrition plan and it is amazing how much more satisfied I am with my food. Eating clean has done wonders for me :) And the plan has helped me reach the macros and avoid junk.

I think the workouts are good though to do. And doubling up might be a good plan. I am doing that this week and so far so good! I also added in the Ab workout a couple times here and there. But I will do the ab workout at least 3-4 time in my next round.
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I started just doing the workouts last week. I did Day 6 today. I am just counting calories on MFP. I am loving the workouts but not sure how my results will be by the end. I have lost 2lbs so far, havent checked inches.
    Part of my reasoning for not doing the meal plan is because I think it would be hard to follow with my hubby and kids but with all the great recipes I've been reading I think I'm just making excuses. If I decide not to do it and don't see great results, I will definitely do it again with the meal plan.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I'm also curious about this. I am fairly active and eat pretty healthy for the most part. It has been hard finding results from people who didn't use Shakeology or the containers
  • ween2414
    ween2414 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 with out the shakeology and containers and I'm down three pounds. I will say I also do a 30 min yoga routine on days that I feel I didn't work much (yoga fix/pilates fix).
  • venuila
    Options
    Just updating for those curious. Just finished day 10, just doing workouts and a 1200 calorie diet. Lost 5 lbs and 3 inches so far!
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far!
  • littleboopy
    littleboopy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I'm real good on the food front it's the exercise that I lack on that was one of the main reasons I ordered this fix! I did the first workout today I'm on day 2 and it really was tough! But I guess that's why so many people say it works! We shall see.. Cause my scale has been stuck for a while even with only consuming 1200 calories a day.
  • bfay1101
    bfay1101 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I didn't do the shakeology either but did the 21 day fix extreme. I lost 8 pounds and 9 inches. The exercise is hard but for only 30 minutes a day it's very effective.
  • venuila
    Options
    I finished day 21 this morning with just the workouts and a 1200 calorie diet.
    Lost 11 lbs and 10.25 inches!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @venuila That's such a great loss that I can't help but woohoo! you a second time! :)
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @venuila That's amazing!!!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    venuila wrote: »

Way to go!! :D
  • venuila
    Options
    Thank you ladies.:)
  • martybartram
    martybartram Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    venuila wrote: »
    Great job!

• ween2414
    ween2414 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    21 days= 8 lbs and 13.25inches. Not using the meal plan. Just my fitness pal.
  • venuila
    Options
    ween2414 wrote: »
    21 days= 8 lbs and 13.25inches. Not using the meal plan. Just my fitness pal.

Way to go!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @ween2414 Awesome! Did you take some before and after pics? Not asking you to share them but I know seeing them really helps keep me on track.