I Guess This Is It

Options
dottieketostrong
dottieketostrong Posts: 102 Member
After a month of being on NS and not losing weight, I have come to the conclusion my body weight is where it is supposed to be. I am going to continue following the plan, because I just feel so much better - plus I don't GAIN anything. I know NS works. I had tried every diet under the sun before I started in back in 2006. I went from 215 to 180. Then I maintained that for over a year and decided to try for my "dream weight" of 160. I went back on NS in July of 09, and by October I had reached my goal. The last 2 and a half years I have tried unsuccessfully to lose back to 160. I guess I should be glad I only have gone back to 170, instead of back over 200 pounds. I really think menopause dramatically changed my metabolism. I am not willing to starve to death or to work out more than I already do. I am okay with this, I really am. Yeah, maybe a tiny bit disappointed, but I am healthy. I look good. I feel good. NS is a wonderful tool to keep me that way.

Replies

• pattimelt7
    pattimelt7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good job! You've lost a lot and should be proud of yourself! I know personally that menopause can affect your metabolism dramatically. NS is a good, healthy way to eat, though I've only lost a couple of pounds in six weeks. I SO know how you feel. Hang in there, just appreciate feeling good, and I'll try to do the same. Take care, Patti
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    Thank you Patti!
  • garnetbutterfly131
    garnetbutterfly131 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    After a month of being on NS and not losing weight, I have come to the conclusion my body weight is where it is supposed to be. I am going to continue following the plan, because I just feel so much better - plus I don't GAIN anything. I know NS works. I had tried every diet under the sun before I started in back in 2006. I went from 215 to 180. Then I maintained that for over a year and decided to try for my "dream weight" of 160. I went back on NS in July of 09, and by October I had reached my goal. The last 2 and a half years I have tried unsuccessfully to lose back to 160. I guess I should be glad I only have gone back to 170, instead of back over 200 pounds. I really think menopause dramatically changed my metabolism. I am not willing to starve to death or to work out more than I already do. I am okay with this, I really am. Yeah, maybe a tiny bit disappointed, but I am healthy. I look good. I feel good. NS is a wonderful tool to keep me that way.

160 is my dream weight also. but with menopause on the horizon, I'll take 170. It's just crazy what menopause does to a woman. You're healthy & feel good, so that's what counts! Take care, Flo
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    Thank you, Flo!
  • shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You have done amazing! I always say one inch, one ounce, one pound counts! and look how far you have come. And feeling good and healthy is the most rewarding of all. Congrats! to you well earned!
  • Whosebeeping
    Whosebeeping Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You've done amazing. I'd take 170. Heck at this point I'll take 200. Lol. I have a feeling I will b on NS for life for the same reason!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    vqk8yuqvzh9s.jpg
    image.jpg 1021.7K
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Oh, my, you look beautiful, dottie. :)
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options