Doubling Up During Third Week

Options
SatiaRenee
SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
So I am about to hit my third week of my third round and I was thinking of doubling up the workouts, which is what I guess we're (optionally) supposed to do. But I'm already doing 21DF and PiYo back-to-back and was wondering how those of you who doubled up did it.

Did you do it back-to-back or do one 21DF workout in the morning and the second in the afternoon/evening? Any words of advice for me? I am not sure I'll do it but if I don't do it this time, odds are I'll do it either during my 4th or 5th round.

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I kind have been doubling up from the first week.. I did mine back to back as most of the time that I worked out, it would be in the afternoon. If I work out at night, I can't sleep. Also if I work out and just keep going, I am more likely to get it done and over with.

You could try doing it that way or doing one in the morning and later on. Really depends on your life, schedule, etc,,. :)
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I did 99% of my doubles back to back. I did it both rounds too
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've just started attempting double ups and i usually do them back to back. That's mostly cause of my schedule, I work out when the kids are napping. When I used to work out pre babies I would do one in the morning and one at night but if I didn't get my second one in I would feel bad and it would really unmotivate me. I would just feel like I was failing the program and myself. So personally I do them back to back if my kids let me.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Autumn says to space out the workouts if you can - but honestly, if you can get two workouts in any time during the day, that can only benefit you and I say great job!!!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Okay, here's what I'm thinking.

I am going to give it a try, aiming to do 21 Day Fix and PiYo in the morning and then doing a second 21DF workout either just before or just after lunch. On most days, I finish my morning workout before 8am (sometimes before 7am) so that should keep them spaced out well enough.

But I'm putting the emphasis on "try" because I am also coming to the end of PiYo and plan on doing a less challenging workout next (I'll write more about that in my daily check-in post) so it may be easier for me to try doubling up when I'm not doing two challenging workouts.

We'll see how this week goes. If I double up every day, great! If not, I'll commit to doing it my next round of 21DF.
  • dford5
    dford5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am going to do two-a-days during my last week too (starts today). I did the total body cardio fix this morning and will do the pilates fix when I get off work.
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    We're supposed to do 2?
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dford5 I forget that we both started our rounds on the same date. LOL!

@Lauracharder This is my third round and the first two rounds, although I tried to double up a couple of times the first round, I didn't succeed. On my second round, I didn't even try to double up. But I obviously am giving it a go this third round. We'll see how it goes.
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @SatiaRenee ok i don't feel bad then now since this is my first round
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @Lauracharder I absolutely wouldn't feel bad about not doubling up. Frankly, I'm not sure why I am doing it except that I wanted to give myself a bit of a push and this is my third round so now is as good a time as any, I suppose.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I plan on doubling up my last week which is next week! I'll do one in the morning and another after I get home from work. I'm nervous but ready to kick it into high gear. :) Does anyone have the schedule for the double workout days?
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @mrsewert It's one the schedule for 21 Day Fix that comes with the DVDs. If you look at it, you'll see that there are 3 weeks but then there's a fourth week just below the third. That's the optional double up for the week.

Everyone

I am wondering why, of all the choices, the schedule doubles up on Upper Body Fix rather than Lower Body Fix. Given that more muscle means more mass and the largest muscles in the body are in the lower part, wouldn't it have made more sense to figure out how to make Lower Body part of the optional double week?

I don't know. Just something I noticed and was pondering.
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing, too. My guess was that we tend to work our lower bodies in other ways, like walking over the course of a normal day, but our upper bodies don't get much use unless we are doing a workout. I know for me, my upper body is MUCH weaker than my lower, so that led to my theory. But I'm just making it up, I don't actually know it as fact.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @jpkrueger I was thinking that maybe because the cardio workouts include some squats and lunges . . . ? I don't know. Either way, I'm sticking with the plan. I mean, I can't argue with the results and I truly believe that the way the workouts are organized (cardio/upper/lower/etc) is so effective that I can't really question too hard. But I'm the type to question everything anyway soooo . . .
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    Haha me too, which is why I already had a theory when you asked the question....I had already thought about it. And come to think of it, my legs are often sore after Upper Fix so it must be doing something.