I "poofed" and I feel awful about it.

Options
Jennifer10723
Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
So .. I went on Plenty of Fish, again. I was talking with a man .. I didn't particularly find him very attractive, but he was funny and very nice. Takes of care of his kids etc. I really wanted to like him. I just couldn't get myself there. Every time he tried to schedule another date or whatever I always had an excuse and he called me out on it a couple days ago and I poofed. I didn't know what to tell him or how to tell him. He texted me last night and asked if he had done something wrong and I didn't answer him.

Gah. I am an awful human.

Replies

• Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Tsk...tsk... don't feel bad. So many woman do just that!
  • Jennifer10723
    Options
    I know! I hate it when men do it to me! I think that is why I feel so bad. Didn't stop me apparently .. but still. lol.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    See if a friend will send that text for you. I've done it. The guy will never know.
  • Jennifer10723
    Options
    So .. he texted me again tonight and I finally just answered and said that I should never have signed up for POF as I just am really not ready to date. That he didn't do anything that it was completely me. Ugh. I do feel better now that I answered him.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    three cheers! ...of course now you know he is going to be checking your PoF profile for the next week or so to see if you are online connecting with other dudes ...
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I mean, I try to tell them if I am not feeling it, but that has really backfired on me before. One guy yelled at me for quite some time about how I am a shallow *kitten* because I wasn't interested. Umm ok.

Anyway, don't feel bad. We all do it. I don't think people need an explanation for why we aren't attracted to them.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I totally get it because I always feel guilty when I poof too. But sometimes it really is the best way out.
  • Jennifer10723
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I really did hide my profile though. I really am just not feeling it I guess. I have had a tough go of things as of late and maybe I just need to focus on me for a while.

I was kind of annoyed though, after I texted him that .. he texted me again a few hours later and was like .. I really would like to get to know you .. no pressure. I was like gah!!!! Should have just stayed quiet. lol
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Its happened to my so many times. It definitely is an ego killer and always made me feel that looks play a GIGANTIC role in meeting people. Id just be honest in the future. For the record.... Ive never 'poofed'
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Why "poof" in the first place? Why make excuses? Just be honest in the first place and both can move on. I'm guessing you may not want to be honest because you will feel bad, but if you "poof" you feel bad and guilty anyway.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    sounds normal. carry on
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I mean, I try to tell them if I am not feeling it, but that has really backfired on me before. One guy yelled at me for quite some time about how I am a shallow *kitten* because I wasn't interested. Umm ok.

Anyway, don't feel bad. We all do it. I don't think people need an explanation for why we aren't attracted to them.

This also happened to me.

Also, I made it very clear that I wasn't into drugs or 420 or whatever. I clearly stated I'm not hating on it, it's just not for me and one guy messaged me and wanted to "get to know me" and I read his profile and he stated he was very into 420 and such and I messaged him back stating that it's not for me.

He went into a full blown rant over how pot is actually better for you than smoking or binge drinking during university or all that coffee I drank getting my post-grad and so on. I was like oooooookay, I just said it's not for me. I didn't state it was better or worse than anything else. He went crazy so I blocked him.

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    That's insane. Nothing is better than coffee!