OK... tears flowing

Options
carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
I've been seeing my new man for a very short time.... We are SO alike, it's amazing. He has a past. Not a great one either, but he's made amends and is changing and has left the people and past behind him. (or I wouldn't be with him).....So today I emailed him as I am a bit skitish from being hurt in the past from my ex-fiance. I told him that I care a lot about him and really am trying not to bring baggage from the past into my relationship with him. He text me that he LOVES ME but is nervous to say the words for fear that he'll push me away so soon. This man has captured my heart so quickly. It's a great but scary feeling in that we walk together.. he's having the gastric sleeve surgery in June, he definitely understands my weight loss struggles and wants me to achieve my goals and helps me with them. He reminds me why I am trying to get healthy and supports me in all ways possible.

OK, now that the tears are really flowing, I'd better compose myself. I'm at work.

Replies

• maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Ah Cari thats lovely, am so glad you have such happiness in your life. Sometimes when its right its right regardless of time together being long or short. I hope you both work through your baggage and have many happy kinny years together. Mwah
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    thanks Lise. Much appreciated.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Skinny not kinny
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Wow...that is so amazing. Cari, no matter how this moves forward, that level of support and caring should carry you through some really hard times. Sending huge hugs!
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Oh Cari I hope you know how much you deserve this! Each one of us deserves to be surrounded by supportive people, and I'm so glad that you've found someone special!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Thank you.