Running in 2015

Options
m00nflwr
m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
What races have you done lately and what upcoming races are you planning to do?
How's the training going?

I did a half marathon in March (trained from Dec-March), a 5k in April (set a PR and placed third in my age group!), and next up is a 5k on May 17th. I'm also a running buddy for the Girls on the Run 5k on the 16th which will probably be a walk/run.

Let's get out in this beautiful weather and run! I find races to be pretty motivating. I aim for two short runs a week and a longer one on the weekend. I will eventually build my mileage back up but right now it's pretty fun getting 5k PRs :)

Replies

• wtgrey
    wtgrey Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 5K PR in April. I got mine in April as well. I also was able to get my PR in a marathon back in October. I am planning a few road races, triathlons and a half iron in August. I will run the Marine Corps Marathon in October of this year. Good luck this weekend in your next race!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I did my first 5k of the season a few weeks ago and got a PR. However I think I pushed it too much (trying to PR, then running 6 miles the next day) and now my hammies are killing me. Have an appt with the PT tomorrow and in the meantime I've been avoiding exercise for fear of making things worse.
    I don't know if it's psychosomatic or what, but ever since I stopped exercising to rest/heal, I've felt achy in my legs, with various aches in old injuries coming and going. That appointment can't come fast enough, I want to start running again! My next race is in three weeks and I start a training group in two.