• indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Love your new pic xcalygirl!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Love your new pic xcalygirl!

Thanks @indianarose2. Funny how bulky lifting heavy has made me, huh? :lol::wink:
  • indianarose2
    Options
    More like beautiful!LOL! ;-)
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Did the timed test workout last night. I looked like I was convulsing doing the hollow rocks :sweat_smile: You should have an all of the above option for the modification of that one lol. Doing the 400m, plank, and weighted test tonight. I'll measure and do the WOW Friday morning and have the sheet to you *only* a week late.

Doing well on my water goals!
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    I did the workout of the week. Used a 20-lb dumbbell because that's what I have at home but I held the end like a kettlebell to do swings. I modified with push-ups instead of burpees because those rattle my head.

At first I was like, "oh this is pie," but by the end with. All the push-ups, I was snorting like a bull and swearing at myself.

Also did the 400 m and the plank for the beginning test. Can't believe I used to run the 400 in half the time in high school. I always toted my abilities as a middle distance runner but now I guess I'm a no distance runner :smiley:

Final test workout tomorrow. Want to use actual kettle bells at the gym. I'll get that paperwork filled out some time before the end of this challenge :wink:
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    ScientificExplorerGirl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Did the WOW this morning after lifting. I also used a 20 lb kb. I did hip-thrusters-no pushup but with the jump at the end. Burpees and I don't get along to well. Also, the hip thrusters were more like slow motion mountain climbers and I use pushup bars to help ease strain. By the time you are up to 10 burpees/hip thrusters/whatever your ticker is really going!

@ xcalygrl -- I agree your new pic is lovely!!

• xcalygrl
    Options
    Awe, thanks @scientificExplorerGirl :blush:

I'm planning on doing the workout this evening.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    I finally filled out my form! LMK if you have questions.
  • xcalygrl
    Options
    Did the WOW just now. It got me breathing pretty good. I hate burpees BTW, haha! I didn't time myself, so I'm not sure how long it took.
  • indianarose2
    Options
    Did the wow with a dumbbell and incline push-up modifications (x2) in 10 mins. It was fun! Probably bc I did such a light weight for the swing. I thought we were supposed to use a 2 kg kettle so I only used 5#. Thinking I might just do the whole thing over again tomorrow with a heavier weight. Is the doc like the out yet? Thanks krokador for the fun!
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Oh I posted my wow results in the workout thread but I will post them here too. 9 minutes even. And I learnt that I have been half assing burpees my whole life. It's been 2 days and my chest is still feeling those pushups (or the bench pressing I did before hand, or a bit of both).
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    This is going to be real quick because I forgot to post this last night xD My plans keep getting rained on by life! Anyhow, this week's WOW is going to make most of you gals face your archenemy. You think you hate burpees? You're going to hate this even more (I think). On the plus side, it'll give you a new appreciation for your own strength, so there's a valid tradeoff here ;)

Death by OHP

With a timer set to every minute (this is an EMOTM type of set-up), perform:
    -> 6 (+2 per minute) reps of any overhead pressing movement of your choice.

Push/kipping/cheating reps are allowed. As a base I would use somewhere between 50-70% of your 5x5 weight.
    Keep on going until you can no longer perform the prescribed amount of reps per minute (trust me, starts out easy, doesn't stay that way long).

As an optional kicker, if you wanna make this full body, perform BW squats for the remaining amount of time in every minute. If you're insane, do jump lunges. (I'm not sure even I would do that >_>)

Score is weight used + number of total reps of OHP + number of bw squats :)

Have fun!
  • indianarose2
    Options
    I forgot that we are supposed to be doing weekly updates here! Not much to report.
    1. Not making progress yet on my squat and DL because have run out of weights did increase reps in hope of making some sort of progress.
    2. Definitely no progress in measurements, struggling to stay within my calorie limits lately. I recently increased from 1330 to 1500 and seemed to open the floodgates of eating for me.
    3. Daily habit not going great either.
    Not the best report. I just need to regroup and get to work harder!
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Today happens to be OHP day for me so maybe I'll use this as my workout finisher. I might regret this because it's supposed to get up to 90 degrees today and I'm wearing glasses. Do I get extra points if I can fog my glasses? :wink: :sunglasses:

Also, I WILL like this better than burpees!

• xcalygrl
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly for the WOW. We set a timer, on the minute we do 6 OHP exercise, rest/bw squats, then on the next minute we do 6 plus 2 (so 8 total), then more bw squats, then 10 total, then more squats, etc. until we feel like dying?
  • Llamapants86
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly for the WOW. We set a timer, on the minute we do 6 OHP exercise, rest/bw squats, then on the next minute we do 6 plus 2 (so 8 total), then more bw squats, then 10 total, then more squats, etc. until we feel like dying?

That's how I understood it, but it wouldn't be the first time workout descriptions have been misinterpret by me .
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »

Well, until you're unable to complete the reps within the minute (they don't have to be unbroken, tho) but yes, that,s the gist of it ;P
  • Llamapants86
    Options
    Lol, I thought they had to be unbroken. I might have been able to squeeze a couple more out but meh!
    45 lbs 6/8/10/12/5 and 60 bw squats total score 146
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    ScientificExplorerGirl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Also did Krok's EMOTM. I'm still shaking!
    OHP
    6+2 ladder plus BW Squats
    56 OHPs (6/8/10/12/14/6) plus 67 squats-- I was on round 5 before I couldn't go on. Used 30 lbs for the OHPs.
    I think I am going to feel this one later!

Also, I did it unbroken.

• MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Attempted this on Tuesday after my regular OHPs but I was sweating like a wildebeest and had no fuel left in the tank. Will do today.

I've been doing well on my water drinking goal except yesterday where I matched it with alcohol (golf tournament).