05/12/15- Today I celebrate....

Options
carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
Good morning ladies and gents!!!

It's a wonderful spring morning here in the northeast. 70 degrees here, absolutely beautiful right now. I did not want to get out of bed this morning. I was just cool enough that made for great sleeping weather.

Today I am celebrating making AWESOME food choices yesterday. Just got to keep it going. One day down, rest of life to go. I did have 1/2c of ice cream with sprinkles..... but it was in my cals for the day.

What are you celebrating today??

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I am celebrating today the fact that I woke up in a horribly pissy mood, that a ton of things go crazy wrong before I made it to work, that I was angry when I got here, and I still didn't let it get the best of me. I drank my planned primal egg loaded tea, and am feeling a ton better. I will not let my bad mood affect my entire day...

I somewhat stress ate still within plan yesterday, but I didn't get the good nutrition I needed, and so that set up my poor sleep last night - and both of those things combined led to this lovely mood...which is well on it's way to recovery, so I'm celebrating the knowledge that my mood is triggered, primarily; that I can identify and mitigate those triggers; and that today, my plan includes much better nutrition!

Hugs, all, Carly

P.S. Last couple mornings we've started in the upper 40's...not sure the insanity today's afternoon temps will bring...lol
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't quite hit today's goals. I didn't stop for chocolate and coke after the school run but have taken the kids to soft play before swimming club and was craving choc so I bought a four finger kitkat ate one finger and gave the rest to the kids. But I have prepared myself.food today that I planned and bar the finger of kitkat have logged it all.

Tonight I will go to pt even though my brain doesn't feel like it
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Today I'm celebrating my baby swam five metres with NO armbands
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    That the next time I need to go cloths shopping the shirts most likely wont contain an X in them.
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Awesome reasons to celebrate everyone.

I woke up in a crappy mood this morning and it just went downhill from there. The weather is cold, muddy and rainy, I slipped on the trail and slid down the hill on my butt so I got to finish my run looking like I had an accident, my local store stopped carrying my favorite rice snacks, scale didn't move again. I guess I should celebrate that I have lost a lot of weight but I keep focusing on the fact that I can't seem to lose any more so instead I will celebrate that I was the only one crazy enough to be in the park this morning so no one witnessed my horrific display.
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Wendy, sorry you fell this morning. Hope you didn't hurt yourself!!! Have you taken your measurements to see if you are losing inches even though the scale is not moving? (DUMB METAL BOX)
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Hope you are ok Wendy
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    The scale lies!!!

And hope that pride is the only thing bruised, Wendy!

And Patrick!!! OMG That's awesome.

Lise - incredible restraint!

I think we all won today. :)
  • wennim
    Options
    Nothing seriously hurt just my pride. I have done measurements but it is so hard to know if I am doing them the exact same every time or not. I have only lost minimal numbers on waist, hips and thighs in the last three months. I have noticed more muscle in my calves but I don't measure them. Someone commented that it looks like I am still losing weight but the numbers say otherwise.

I need to just get rid of the scale but I can't. I made the mistake of setting a weight goal by a certain date and that just isn't going to happen which depresses me.
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    I definitely understand the depression when you set a weight/date goal. That's why I don't set them anymore. My boyfriend wants to lost 150 his first year after surgery.... I'd like to lose the same..... but I know how depressed I'd be if I didn't. It'd send me on a downward spiral for sure. So, I just say my goal is to continue to log, make good food choices and lose.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    My goals are loose and fluid. Without a point of reference, and none of us who have been obese or worse as far back as we can remember or all our adult lives have a point of reference, it is literally impossible to set true, honest, hard and fast goal. We can set threshold goals, (getting out of the MO category, breaking 300, breaking 200, etc.), but setting goal weights when we've never been there (as adults, anyway) or when it's been more than 10 years is ludicrous. We are literally setting ourselves up for failure. How many dream things in life EVER live up even halfway to expectations? Yeah, not many...

So, we now have to contend with weird things like excess skin, mix and match sizes because of disproportionate loss, joint problems, and so many other things... So to me, setting anything beyond a threshold goal borders on insanity. And even putting a date on a threshold goal seems crazy to me.

Okay, now let me stop here, because for some people, putting solid goals with dates is motivating. But for most of us, it is unrealistic, and even if we achieve a number, sometimes the reality of the image WITH that number is devastating...

Back to what I was saying...putting dates on goals reminds me of something I read yesterday...

"While you're doing arithmetic, your body is doing calculus." - Unknown

We simply cannot put one set of numbers in and expect an exact answer. Biology doesn't work that way. Metabolism shift and change. Life happens. Conditions surface. Etc. So for me, rather than set myself up for failure, I try to maintain loose and fluid goals.

"My goal is to gain health. In doing so, weight loss will eventually happen." - ME
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Well said Carly!!!!
  • wennim
    Options
    I agree with what you are saying and this is the first time I have even really thought of a goal and it was only five measly pounds and I had given myself 2 months to do it. I figured 120 lbs in a year, 5 lbs in 2 months should be easy. NOT. I know no one else would even notice 5 lbs lost at my weight so it was just about me knowing I did it. I weigh now about what I did 20 years ago. I only remember it because of how I got to that weight(not healthy). Comparing pictures I definitely look healthier than I did then. I just need to somehow find something to focus on other than weight. I don't have an ultimate goal weight since you are right I don't even remember being the size I am much less smaller. I am just rambling now.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    HUGS