Have you ever tried to not say CrossFit...

Options
Aviation21
Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
I have noticed there isn't a day that I don't say the word CrossFit... do I have a problem? LOL!

Even when I go to a family outing and say to myself these folks don't want to hear about CrossFit I still can't help myself.

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    This group isn’t Crossfit Like. B)
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My parents are really into "pickleball"... they play like 5-6 x a week, sometimes 7. I went to visit them in florida, and it was all pickleball talk. I thought to myself " is this how annoying i sound when I talk about crossfit? " lol.... most likely.. i try to turn it down now after that experience
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Yep - all the time :)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    atynk wrote: »
    My parents are really into "pickleball"... they play like 5-6 x a week, sometimes 7. I went to visit them in florida, and it was all pickleball talk. I thought to myself " is this how annoying i sound when I talk about crossfit? " lol.... most likely.. i try to turn it down now after that experience

Learned something new... pickleball, hmmmmm.

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I hate saying it, I feel like everyone is thinking "stfu"
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I don't talk about it all the time, but I don't shy away from it either.
  • Aviation21
    Options
    atynk wrote: »

Learned something new... pickleball, hmmmmm.

I looked it up too and just watch a video... interesting!

Back to talking about CrossFit (there I go again), I think this is another reason I enjoying being at the box with fellow CrossFiters. I usually get to the Box 30 mins early to work on my mobility challenges and to freely chat with the others about what hurts from the last workout and such... being with my CrossFit community rocks!
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    It's interesting, I recently switched CrossFit gyms and my old one is much more social than my new one. That's not to say the folks at my new gym are unfriendly, far from it, but the programming at my new place is precise down to the minute so there really isn't much time to chit chat during class. And after class we are all usually to wrecked to do anything other than say "bye" to each other. I thought I would miss the community aspect of CrossFit but I can't say that I really do.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I switched boxes too and yes, new one is far less social than old one. And I DO really miss it.

Without the community of CrossFit I'm just another single cat lady who works too much. I literally do EVERYTHING on my own.
  • kwoww9797
    kwoww9797 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    One of the things I love about Crossfit is the community! I couldn't live without it and hate when people are not friendly. I've done some drop-ins and at one place the coach didn't even make an effort to learn my name.

I also tend to talk about Crossfit all the time. My friends have adjusted to listening to me and then changing the subject. :smiley:
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm with crossfit people I tend to not talk about it much. I got tired of people telling me all of the reasons it's bad. It's a cult, the almighty church of crossfit, you don’t want to look like the hunk (I do actually), you'll hurt your (fill in the blank here). Even when people bring it up unless I know they're genuinely interested in giving it shot or curious what it actually entails I usually change the topic. With friends that do crossfit though that’s pretty much all we talk about. I couldn’t imagine not having that community aspect! The community at my CF gym is super tightknit and I completely agree with @kwoww9797 that I couldn’t live without it. A person wouldn’t last long at my box if they weren’t interested in the community part of crossfit.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ^ Same here. Our group is great and we do a bunch of social events outside of just working out.
  • motherofdragons84
    motherofdragons84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    But I do Crossfit. Didn't you know? lol...
  • bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hey "motherofdragons", can we call you the Khaleesi of Crossfit??
  • Aviation21
    edited May 2015
    Options
    bethlivi wrote: »
    Hey "motherofdragons", can we call you the Khaleesi of Crossfit??

Luv it! Or Daenerys Targaryen