'Workout Mode' (device button) vs 'Track Your Exercise' (app)

Options
Yesterday I went for a walk and hit both the Fitbit button to start a workout and started the exercise mode in the app so I could track my route on the map and as a consequence have two entries in my Fitbit activity log (one with a map next to it and one without).

Have I doubled up unnecessarily? If I just track through the app is that the same thing as pressing the button (time stamping the workout) and can I still see the cals burned for that session in my activity log? Or do they do something different?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You created an Activity Record with the button that is merely a snapshot of the stats that Fitbit came up with - instead of being hidden in the daily stats.

You also created a manual workout that then changed those stats based on the GPS distance seen, divided by your stride length to recalc steps taken and calories burned.

If there is a big difference - then it means your stride length is off by decent amount, likely the distance and calories too.

No duplicates though, just snapshot of stats that then got replaced.
  • WatershedKaren
    WatershedKaren Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh sweet thanks for that. Not too much difference, no. So I think I'm good.

I noticed looking at the two entries via the app, that the Workout (button) entry shows just three metrics whereas the Track Your Exercise (app) shows 6. So I'll prob just do it via the app from now on. But I'll recalibrate my stride length just to be sure