new to MFP

Options
punkyVe
punkyVe Posts: 12 Member
Good day fellow moms. I am currently 185lbs at 5'8.5. My first goal is to lose 20 lbs and inches. I want to build muscle thus losing fat & inches.

I have two boys 2 and 6 years

I have trouble planning meals for myself and scheduleing excersice. I used to think I'll excersice whenever my kids are sleeping or whenever I can fit it in.
That is not working too well for me.

Replies

• TheWazzer27
    TheWazzer27 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Our best way to handle scheduling has been joining the YMCA. With their childcare and kids programs it allows us to workout whenever we want and the kids LOVE the activities and hanging out there. If not for the Y I'm not sure how we'd get free time to work out!
  • punkyVe
    punkyVe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did check into the YMCA and it would be great but is 45 min to an hour away depending on traffic.
    I may have to cut out my night owl tendencies and stay up after my hubba leaves at 5am.
    Which I guess if it's important enough I'll stop making excuses get it done
  • morganjessica882
    morganjessica882 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's to bad the YMCA is so far away for you. Im a SAHM and I love the YMCA they watch the kids for up to 2 hour while I work out and I also have the kids signed up for some activities so they don't get bored. We go the 5 days a week and I get a great workout which has helped out with my weight loss a great deal! Maybe you can look around in your area for a gym that provides childcare while you work out! Good luck!