PET WALKING CHALLENGE

Options
guinevere96
guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
Would anyone here be interested in doing a pet walking challenge for a few weeks? Ive neglected my little ones as far as daily walks, and they could be such a great reason to be more active. This group isn't very active but I wish it was, pet owners have awesome opportunities to burn calories!

Replies

• firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would like to do one. I use Map My Dog walk on my iPad, every time I take them out.
  • iona_ellen
    iona_ellen Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am up for that
  • firststepformefal
    Options
    I would like to do it too. My poor dogs do not get out as much as they should. I also use Map My Dog Walk on my iPad.
  • iona_ellen
    Options
    What's the challenge :smile:
  • CarrieBeard
    CarrieBeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting.
  • firststepformefal
    Options
    OK, since no one has put in a challenge, I will. From Sunday May 31 to Saturday Jun 6, walk your dog 4 times for a minimum of 20 minutes. One time must be in a park or scenic walk or route that you have not gone to before.
  • iona_ellen
    Options
    Hi,
    Fab idea!! Me and Tilly are up for the challenge :smile:! It would be great to see photos aswell of everyone taking part? :smile: good luck all :smiley:
  • iona_ellen
    Options
    Me and Tilly did 8.8km today, tried to power walk but Tilly was having none of it so it was a gentle stroll lol How you getting on :smile:
  • CarrieBeard
    Options
    so far... so good... Haven't managed to fit in the NEW route or scenic walk. But... not giving up!
  • firststepformefal
    Options
    OK, I did not do the first challenge. No walks for dogs. No new place. Too hot and I get up too late to take advantage of the early morning coolness.

So, new challenge: walk your regular walk backwards. This stimulates the dog's brain. It is surprising how set dogs can get, doing the same route over and over again. We had to change part of our route for a short time, due to construction in the park. Abby was "No, no, we have to turn right now, not left". I had to really encourage her to go the way I wanted.

Again, go for a minimum of 4 walks, on different days. If you take 2 walks on one day, only one walk counts.

This challenge is for Sunday June 7 to Saturday June 13. Good luck.
  • benjithekid
    benjithekid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I think I want in on this. :) I have been wanting to walk my dogs more, and maybe this will give me the motivation to do so.
  • CarrieBeard
    Options
    Never too late! One of my dogs decided to find that NEW walking area without me. Grrrrrrrrr... took me an hour to find her. Not sure WHAT she ran off chasing. Super worried until she was back with me. Guess I got that Extra walk in - unplanned. (tip- a leash attached to the dog saves lots of worry). ~lesson learned.
  • firststepformefal
    Options
    No, it is not too late to join. It is just for fun. Sorry I did not do a challenge last week. I have a very old cat who decided to not feel too good.

Okay, challenge for Sunday June 21 to Saturday June 28. Walk dogs for 4 times this week, for a minimum of 25 minutes. During the walks, do 3 sits, 1 sit/stay and 1 come.