5/13 Day 83 Wednesday Movin May 13!

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
Change Your Environment & Wednesday Weekend Planning Session

Challenge: One of the major reasons we sit so much is the environment we live in, both at home and at work, encourages us to sit! If you walk into your living room, which way are the chairs facing? Toward the TV, right? You probably won't win much support from your family if you remove the living room chairs or remove the TV, but there are changes we can make to our environments to make sitting less easy. Dusting off a piece of exercise equipment and moving it into the TV room, purchasing an inexpensive mini-trampoline, leaving your yoga mat or walking shoes out in a prominent place are all visual cues that can help us get more active. At work, simply moving the trash, recycling bin, and other commonly used items away from our desks to somewhere we have to get up and walk to can have the same effect.

So the first part of today's challenge is to look for ways in your home and office you can change your environment to be more active. And since it's hump day the second part of today's challenge is another Wednesday weekend planning session! Most of us have more flexibility on the weekends and it's often easier to be more active then. Each Wednesday our challenge is to scope out a Saturday and Sunday “moving” activity that we'd like to do. What going on in your neighborhood or city this weekend that you might like to do? What outdoor activities sound fun or perhaps just need to get done? Start planning for the weekend now!

Alternative Challenge: Walk 25 additional minutes today. You can do it all at once or break it up into smaller chunks if you wish.

Replies

• fitnatic130
    fitnatic130 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Walked25 extra minutes today
  • angiepoindexter
    angiepoindexter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Walked a mile and a half today, planted shrubs and cleaned front yard.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,024 Member
    Options
    Working on that television environment challenge. 25 extra minutes of walking will be hard today, but I'll get on it.
  • fadraface01
    fadraface01 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've worked the past 2 days (12hr shifts) but I have made sure that I make at least 10 thousand steps both days by taking the stairs and the longest route to every where....so over 11 thousand yesterday and just over 10 thousand today
  • aj19661
    aj19661 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Walked for 40 minutes this evening and did house work all day.
  • leahloca68
    leahloca68 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I arranged a path around the distance, in view of TV. The easy goal is to walk the path while watching tv, without stopping & while being creative in movements.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Great job, Everyone! You are indeed Movin' in May!
  • sherrielynned1
    sherrielynned1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Walked for almost an hour today
  • mcpearson81
    mcpearson81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Zumba and core strength
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I walked about 3 miles and did a bit of yoga. :)