How do you curb sugar cravings?

Options
venuila
venuila Posts: 190 Member
I started this journey almost 30 days ago and haven't really had any intense cravings until now. Seriously, right now I just want to eat like six cookies. Gah. Any tips or good low cal healthy recipes that are on the "dark side" (dessert/cookies).
:)

Replies

• dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I haven't really had that issue YET. But I do find that I crave more fruit.

Maybe you should make a treat swap from the book
  • venuila
    Options
    Fruit is great and usually does it for me but right now I really want a cookie or something "bad" lol.
    Have you ever had any of them @dkwi04 ? I just might have to try one of them today if I have the ingredients.
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I haven't - but I really don't have a sweet tooth - my downfall is chips and that craving hasn't hit yet!

But If I did have that craving, I would probably opt for the chocolate covered strawberries that Autumn posted on FB recently
  • venuila
    Options
    dkwi04 wrote: »
    I haven't - but I really don't have a sweet tooth - my downfall is chips and that craving hasn't hit yet!

But If I did have that craving, I would probably opt for the chocolate covered strawberries that Autumn posted on FB recently

Oh I saw those too! I forgot about them until now. My son would LOVE them as well.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I guarantee the Shakeology oat walnut raisin bar will satisfy your sweet tooth. Its soft, not crunchy and I eat it with a fork.

I use Isopure low carb dutch chocolate vs. Shakeology powder and follow the recipe in my 21DFxE book.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I made the banana oatmeal ones and my husband loved them. Not super sweet but very nice.

When I have a sweet tooth and my purples are all gone, I have a cup of herbal tea. Or a tisane. Hot or iced, depending on my mood.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate, fruits like apples, oranges, strawberries, etc. I mix my protein with vanilla Greek yogurt..

TOM? :lol:
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Oh man! I forgot this:
    http://www.beachbody.com/beachbodyblog/nutrition/gingerbread-granola?code=SOCIAL_21F_GP&linkId=11317703

I found the link to this on g+ and OMG it is sooooo good! I'm sure I shared this on my pinterest board too because yummmmmm . . . . I can't tell you how many times I have mixed this in with my Greek yogurt!

• venuila
    Options
    Those look so good @walkdmc. I don't use shakeology either and I usually use strawberry whey protein. I'm considering buying the chocolate next just to make those, lol.

Any kind of cookie is good with me @SatiaRenee :)

Not a fan of dark chocolate. I think that TOM is just around the corner actually @dixiewhiskey haha too funny

Omg @SatiaRenee that looks SO good!!! Will definitely be making that. Yummeh.

Can you tell I have a sweet tooth? Lol. I did end up making chocolate covered strawberries and they were delicious. Autumn says to have two I maaaaay have had 3 (shh). But honestly that's way better than a month ago when I would have had like 10. At least.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Can be any chocolate really.. Even Jello (the one you make). Frozen yogurt is awesome too. I'm big on "If it fits your macros". I noticed in the past and even now, once you cut out the artificial sugars, your body won't crave it. Other than TOM. When that approaches I just work out more so I can indulge. It's inevitable really. Haha.
  • doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've been into strawberries and peanut butter. ..tastes like pbj. I also got the PB2 with chocolate and had that with strawberries today...so good.
  • cindip63
    cindip63 Posts: 36 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Melt a tablespoon or two of dark chocolate chips and drizzle over strawberries and blueberries and sprinkle finely chopped nuts over it.
  • venuila
    Options
    walkdmc wrote: »
    I guarantee the Shakeology oat walnut raisin bar will satisfy your sweet tooth. Its soft, not crunchy and I eat it with a fork.

I use Isopure low carb dutch chocolate vs. Shakeology powder and follow the recipe in my 21DFxE book.

I just wanted to post that I made these the other day and OMG are they good! Definitely satisfy my sweet cravings and only about 92 calories each. They are seriously good. And one is enough, which is also nice. :)
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Great! Were yours soft too? I wish they were more solid so I could take them on the road.
  • venuila
    Options
    Yeah they were pretty soft. I made them in the epicure petite mold, if kept in the fridge they stay formed pretty well but don't think they'd last long at room temp.
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I had a craving for ice cream so I started experimenting with mixing different (cut up) fruits and/or honey in plain Greek yoghurt and freezing it in the ice pop molds. OMG talk about a delish and refreshing treat :)