How do I wear a Fitbit Zip while wearing a dress?!

Options
lisiloulah
lisiloulah Posts: 125 Member
With the summer just around the corner (in the UK at least!) I want to wear dresses to work, but unless I wear a belt with my dress I don't know where to put my Fitbit Zip! Typically I wear trousers and an untucked top, which also hides my Fitbit from sight, so I'm not sure how I feel about wearing it so obviously on a dress belt anyway, but I don't typically wear a belt with a dress either - so I have to ask how do other people do it?

I am vaguely aware that it's possible to wear a Fitbit Zip attached to a bra strap, but I'm a big-ish girl (UK size 16-18) and I don't think that would be any less obvious than on a belt, but I'm not sure how accurate it would be either, having not tried wearing it that way yet.

I know this might seem like a stupid question, but it's been bugging me!

Many thanks for any help you might be able to provide!

Lisa x

Replies

• caratayloruk
    caratayloruk Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I attach mine to the inside cup off bra. You can't see it and it seems to be fairly accurate in terms of movement. Hope that helps
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I always wore my Zip on my bra right in the middle. I don't think there was ever a problem with accuracy.
  • lisiloulah
    Options
    Thanks, good to know it's not noticeable like that! I'll try it tomorrow and see how it goes! Lx
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I wear mine right in the middle of my bra where the bow is. Unless you're wearing a dress where your boobs are hanging out or one that is 5 sizes too tight, you wont notice the zip :)
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I wear mine in the center of my bra, the screen facing in (against my skin) and the clip exposed facing out. It's less noticeable should that part of my bra be exposed, and like clipping the device facing inside a pants pocket, you're less likely to lose it should the device slip out of its silicone clip casing.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I read somewhere that you shouldn't have the device facing in. I can't remember why, I'm on Fitbit information overload.
  • Lourdesong
    Options
    Hmm... yeah, I don't know why that would be a problem. If you remember the why, be sure to report back. :)
  • marciabwls
    marciabwls Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I wear mine on the center of my bra and I don't usually notice how I put it on
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-wear-my-Zip/
    The Zip is not designed to be worn in direct contact with the skin. Always use the silicone holder when clipping it to a bra or waistband, with the display facing outward. Do not wear the Zip inside your bra.

I suspect it's mostly about liability issues and skin irritation, but you'll have to decide what you're comfortable with.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I used to wear my One inside my bra cup, or on the center grommet, the the clip side out.

It didn't effect the accuracy and I didn't break out in a rash.
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. If I'm wearing a dress I usually clip it to the side of my underwear with the screen facing in. I guess that wouldn't work if my dress was really tight but I don't wear them tight enough to see the zip clipped there. I guess I'm the only one? I didn't know I could clip the zip to my bra. I thought it might lose accuracy.....
  • lifeisbueno
    lifeisbueno Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i have to wear mine in the middle of my bra... if i clip it near my boob the "jiggle" throws it off a lot... and i don't have big boobs :blush:
  • Christine_72
    edited May 2015
    Options
    i have to wear mine in the middle of my bra... if i clip it near my boob the "jiggle" throws it off a lot... and i don't have big boobs :blush:

lol same here! Clipping it on the solid bit in the middle of my bra makes it sit there solid, no bounce. Does that make sense?
    I would never just toss it in my pants pocket or on the lacy floppy bit of my bra like some people do, it would bounce all over the place..

• Lourdesong
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    The Zip is not designed to be worn in direct contact with the skin. Always use the silicone holder when clipping it to a bra or waistband, with the display facing outward. Do not wear the Zip inside your bra.

I suspect it's mostly about liability issues and skin irritation, but you'll have to decide what you're comfortable with.

Ah, thanks. Yeah, it doesn't really state any 'whys' either, so you're probably right about liability. I've been wearing my Zip this way since August '14, with no issues. The only issue I've had with my Zip is it just is goes through batteries a lot quicker (2 months) than Fitbit claims a battery should last (4-6 months), but I doubt it's related to which way my Zip is facing. But even if it were related, the trade off is worth it to me.

• Christine_72
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    editorgrrl wrote: »

Ah, thanks. Yeah, it doesn't really state any 'whys' either, so you're probably right about liability. I've been wearing my Zip this way since August '14, with no issues. The only issue I've had with my Zip is it just is goes through batteries a lot quicker (2 months) than Fitbit claims a battery should last (4-6 months), but I doubt it's related to which way my Zip is facing. But even if it were related, the trade off is worth it to me.

I got my zip on march 28th, and I've replaced the batteries twice. I have a stockpile of batteries here, so I'm ready when it happens again.... no doubt very soon :disappointed: I wear mine facing out, so it wouldn't make a difference to batt life

• momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I wear mine on my bra.
  • TrudyJoy2313
    TrudyJoy2313 Posts: 152 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Etsy has a TON of cute handmade jewelry for just this sort of question!! Just search for fitbit zip. :)
    I got one for my flex and I LOVE it!
  • fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've also clipped the ZIP to my panty waistband. Inside bra at center has worked with most bras. I've had both display facing in and out and noticed no difference.
  • lisiloulah
    Options
    Thanks everybody for your replies! You've all been really helpful!

Lisa x
  • lisiloulah
    Options
    I've had it attached to the centre of of bra facing inward for a couple of days now, and it seems to be fairly accurate! I can sometimes see it adding a few while I take the bra on and off (it's easier to put the fitbit on the bra when I'm not wearing it!), but overall I feel like the steps counted reflect my activity level for the day.

Thanks again!

Lisa x