Daily Check In - Wednesday May 13th through end of May

AmeeSandhu
AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
Hi! I finally started a new thread for the daily check-ins. So the threads don't get too long!

I ran this morning. My Polar said I burned 570 with 45 minutes of run/walking. That is wrong.

My sleep has not been great and I need to protect that time so I can feel even remotely interested in doing Body Revolution too. How's everyone else doing?

Hump Day!!

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    I didn't see this one, so I also posted in last week's...

I got my Chalean Extreme in this morning. We got home from the hospital pretty late, but I made myself get out of bed since exercise is good for the soul as well :)

I hope you're all doing well!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Hey, I will stop back in and post a longer one in the old thread, too, when I have a minute--I got behind!

I got up and ran 3.5 mi today. My 5 yr old said--"Did you go for a run? In the dark?!" He's a cutie.

WTG Amee even if it wasn't 570 cal! Good job bookworm for not letting the upset in your life get you off track. Hope your dad is doing ok.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Yes bookworm! I hope your dad is on the men's now along with all the family's frayed nerves.
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    I did cardio 1 and 30 day butt lift. I am scrapping my evening hill run and just going to rest. I just need to recharge tonight and noone will be home so i am getting some me time. Back hard tomorrow, i promise!

My legs are aching, like in the bone. Not injury. Taking magnesium and vitamin d. Yearly the doctor tests my vitamin d and i am always low. It causes leg aches so it may be low.
  • One hour weight lifting this morning.
  • bookworm_847
    Chalean Extreme Burn Intervals and Ab Burner today. There's some cardio and then a "recovery" period for working on muscle endurance. I am spent, and my muscles are on fire.... but in a good way :blush:

x1c2wfpuqv50.jpg
  • AmeeSandhu
    Love the tank, bookworm!

Good going Holly, Bill, and Bookworm!

Holly, I take those too!

I did body revolution workout 4 today. My polar is still reading off the charts. 482 calories for a 34 minute workout? I was not throwing up or near it at any point, so that burn can not be accurate. lol!
  • hollyelise68
    I just ran couch25K. It was a tough run today. I waited until 10:30 and it was already hot. It felt like j was dragging cinder blocks. Going to have to get up earlier.

After my breakfast digests I will do my Body Revolution workout 3. This evening I will do an upper body weight workout, 10 minute of 30 day butt lift, and then I am going to spend 15 minutes running up and down the hill by my house. It may be more walking than running :)

I have put in my food for today. I am struggling. My husband is TDY and with burning so much with exercise I am starving and craving things. I ate a single size bag of cracker jacks last night. I dont even really like them, I just wanted something and it wasnt my apple with peanut butter. Cracking down on this! I havent been getting my 10 plus glasses if water and that makes a huge difference. Drinking now.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Holly, what is tdy?

Drink drink drink!
  • hollyelise68
    Military term, I think, for temporary duty. He is on a business trip.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Holly, roger that. HAHA! Did you get it? My lame attempt for responding with a military term and trying to be funny. In all seriousness, God bless you and your husband!!

I'm taking a rest day. My fitbit logged almost 9 hours of sleep for me. So yay!
  • hollyelise68
    Amee-haha. We have lived in military areas our whole marriage so I forget everyone doesn't understand all the acronyms that are used.

I have not done any exercise today. At all. Zippo. And I am not going to get to do anything. I am just tired today. I have sewn a dress for a friend and had to go to the store for a zipper snd went in a few more shopping for clothes for me. I got discouraged because I havent gone down a size and feel everything looks horrible on me. I know I know....suck it up, but I didnt want to do that today I wanted to drown in misery. So I ate two jello puddings. I am a wreck. Ugh
  • Sounds like you needed the rest today, Holly !!! Tomorrow is a new day, I usually come back stronger after a not-so-good day, and I know you will, too !!!
  • bookworm_847
    Eh, those days happen. I ate an individual pack of Oreos and a handful of Skittles this afternoon because the "need" for stress food was stronger than my willpower today. The important thing is how we proceed from here-- we can not beat ourselves up and keep on keepin' on, or we can let it derail us forever and all of our work is wasted. Let's pick up and keep moving forward! :)

I didn't work out today. I was exhausted... I guess everything from this week caught up to me. I'm going to make it up tomorrow though. My dad is probably going home tomorrow, and my time at my job is drawing to a close. So, hopefully I can pull myself together and get rid of the rest of my extra poundage.

Oh, and NSV that happened while I was typing this: Hubby was trying to open a Pepsi, and the lid was really on there. I told him to give it to me and I got it right open, lol. I smiled, and he said, "Yeah yeah, thanks Muscles."
  • hollyelise68
    Thanks Bill and Bookworm.

I just did my couch to 5K week 4 day 1. It had you run a 3 minute, 5 minute, 3 minute, and 5 minute run. Whew, going to 5 minutes is tough. My last 5 minute run I was going on a slight incline and 3 minutes in my one shin was burning and I just bonked. I paused the app and at the top of the bridge stretched a minute then continued on. I did 1 min 40 sec of the last 2 minutes and was at the end of the trail so I stopped there. I need to go further on the trail since i ran out which is a NSV!

Now I have upper body and 30 dah Butt lift to do after i recouperate.
  • hollyelise68
    We walked from our house up a small mountain/big hill down the other side the back up and down back home. Itnis 2.6 miles. I wore my heart rate monitor and burned 600 calories. Ok ok I really burned 598, but waited until I hit 600 to turn it off. It has been 3 5 hours and I am already feeling it in the muscles right above your ankles and in my hips. Two weeks from today and we will be in Hawaii!!!!!!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Hey everyone, sorry I've been MIA, it's been really busy lately--end of school year, husband working straight nights, soccer season coming to a close (finally), and trying to fit in all my exercise. Holly, way to go on the C25K, you are doing great! I've been struggling on my eating, too, feeling really hungry from the increased exercise and then stress eating on top of that. Bookworm, glad your dad is going home soon. And I laughed at your NSV--that's a good feeling, huh?

I had a bit of a mishap yesterday. Went to a horse show and during warmup my horse fell down and I flew off. Landed on my shoulder hard, and still in a LOT of pain today. I don't think anything is broken, just sore and strained muscles. But definitely won't be running or riding for a while. I did however show my horse anyway, and got second place in 2 of 3 jumping classes! Huge improvement over the last show and I am very proud of both of us. I was also rocking along with my running, so I really hope this injury doesn't set me back too far. Still have my sights set on a September half marathon--I could push it to November, but that is into foxhunting season, and I don't know that I have the time and energy to focus on both!
  • bookworm_847
    Holly, great walk! It sounds like you're earning your vacation to Hawaii :)

Hoya, wow, it sounds like you're on a roll and have big plans. I hope your shoulder doesn't keep you down for too long. Good idea giving it some rest!

I did Chalean Extreme today, Burn 1. I wore my weighted gloves today to give me some more weight to move around without jumping too big in increments. So instead of 5, 8, and 10 lbs I did 6.5, 9.5. and 11.5... I might have to invest in some heavier weights. I really want the Bowflex Selectech ones she uses-- they're adjustable and pretty dang snazzy, but they're so expensive! So, I need to decide if it would be cheaper to buy them now or to buy upgrades as needed over time. Decisions, decisions.

I just had my last court day :( It's hard to not indulge in a comfort strudel (today's court day treat), but I know I'd have 2 or 3 and I just can't afford it today calorie-wise. Full disclosure, I am having a comfort Dr. Pepper... I'll take a nice walk later and burn some of it off. #IRegretNothing ;)
  • AmeeSandhu
    Ackkk! I'm balancing spinning plates today. I ran yesterday after work and before a school meeting. Slept in today and no time to workout before another school meeting tonight. Doing what I can. I ordered this book and it gets here tomorrow. amazon.com/What-You-Can-When-Healthy/dp/1580055737

Bookworm, your Dr Pepper comment reminded me of that book/concept. Not throwing away everything because of something that wasn't perfect. Better than the alternative, etc etc.

Gotta run....have a great Tuesday!
  • hollyelise68
    I had an abdominal CT scan yesterday so I took a rest day and did some shopping.

I ran week4 day 2 of couch to 5k this morning. I did Shred video. I have decided to do 30 day shred until we go to Hawaii rather than Body Revolution. It just bothered me enough to have two weeks off and with Body Revolution that is killer to try to come home and pick back up. So, i am going to do Shred and run and hike before going to work on endurance.

I have to get out in the sun every day. I normally dont try to get sun ( i dont stay away from it, just dont purposely try to get dark anymore) but i need some base color before going to hawaii. I grew up on the alabama coast and lived in destin 13 years and saw what the women who had spent their life trying to get dark tans did to their skin. They looked like leather and so much older than they are.