Introduction

Options
berriesandjuice
berriesandjuice Posts: 16 Member
I ordered the 21 Day Fix yesterday. I have a great fitness routine but my nutrition is terrible. I am hoping this is what will help me to eat healthier and control my portion sizes. Hi everyone. :smiley:

Replies

• cindip63
    cindip63 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I love the 21 day fix program. The nutrition guideline of the program made huge difference for me! And that along with the daily 21 day fix workouts made it even more amazing for me. I started 4/13 and I'm on round 2 Day 14, lost 9 pounds so far and quite a bit in inches. I've discovered how awesome fruit and veggies really are and I'm cooking more too. Here's wishing you much success, you will love it! And when you need guidance everyone on the boards are so nice & helpful.
  • Northern37
    Northern37 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am excited to try the 21 Day Fix program next week. Using this week to plan meals and prep. I can't wait to get started but am feeling overwhelmed, I heard it gets easier. Hi everyone!!
  • cindip63
    cindip63 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am really excited for you! It gets easier. I grocery shop on Sunday's for the week, get all my veggies and fruits washed and chopped. I purchased the green containers used to extend veggies & fruits, makes a difference for me.
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    It does get easier, just start simple. Its a lifestyle change, eventually we will have a good enough foundation that even using the containers will be a thing of the past!
  • Northern37
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I planned my menus for next week and am excited to get started.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    One of the things I think the 3 Day Quick Fix does so well is it establishes a foundation for the program. Rather than try to use all of the containers, you're only using a few. It also helps you see clearly how often you should be eating on this program. I can't imagine trying to eat all of my containers if I were limited to three meals a day. It definitely gets easier as you go along, especially because you don't have to always stop and think about what food belongs in what container.
  • Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started the 21 day fix 7 days ago and I feel great so far. I am finding it very easy to follow and also am finding that I am having trouble eating all the food allowed. I am also tracking my food in MFP to make sure the calories I am allowed are in the right range according to the plan. I am hoping that this plan will help me learn how to eat healthier and portion my food properly. I don't have a problem working out, my diet is the problem. I hope to lose 10 to 15 lbs in the first round:)
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am trying the 21 day fix (currently on day 7) following the program from what I have found online and containers I bought at Walmart and labeled after meassuring them out. I decided to give it a try and see if this is something I can stick with before purchasing the dvds. I have to say, although I adjusted some of the exercise days ( i.e.swimmig, brisk walking, etc.) I have already seen a difference in how my clothe fit. Has anyone else had experience with the "home made" version of this program?
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I did a "home made" version at first too, from what I pieces together from Pinterest, etc. But after a week or so I realized there was a lot of conflicting information out there and since I liked the program so much, I decided to buy it and get the "official" scoop. Plus I wanted the DVDs...and the exercise part has made a big difference. It's a great program, as you will read from many people on these boards. I like it so much I decided to become a coach!
  • keturaheaton
    keturaheaton Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello I am starting the 21 day fix on Memorial Day. I have been trying to lose weight for a year, after I had my last baby. I lost 20 pounds last year and then stopped. I don't have much support from my husband because he has an incredible metabolism and has a very physically demanding job so he is in great shape. I also work night shift and it's going to be tricky to space my meals out. I have another 25 pounds I want to lose. And with 21 day fix and the motivation of my Fitbit, I hope to achieve my goals.
  • boyz4us
    boyz4us Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am new here and invited by walkdmc-thank you!
    Today was my day #1 and it was fabulous. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • haleymiller0707
    haleymiller0707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 1. I started a few weeks ago got to day 4 and got shingles so I had to stop for a bit but I am back at it. My legs and abs are shaking from this mornings workout. Have a great day.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!
  • Northern37
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!
  • boyz4us
    boyz4us Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    germany03 wrote: »
    Hello. I am trying the 21 day fix (currently on day 7) following the program from what I have found online and containers I bought at Walmart and labeled after meassuring them out. I decided to give it a try and see if this is something I can stick with before purchasing the dvds. I have to say, although I adjusted some of the exercise days ( i.e.swimmig, brisk walking, etc.) I have already seen a difference in how my clothe fit. Has anyone else had experience with the "home made" version of this program?

I am also doing the "at home" version right now. I have a good friend who is coach so I can bounce things off of them if I find something confusing or conflicting. I work out at a gym for lifting, yoga and pilates and I run and walk on my own. I will see how it works-I just can't spend the money right now so have to do my Hybrid version! Good Luck to you!

• rscunu
    rscunu Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Meeting with BBCoach tomorrow after work to get on the 21 day fix plan, as well as figure out meal plan and shakeology. I'm looking forward to it.
  • Babes1986
    Babes1986 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just started this program I'm on day 10. I did it once before last Feb. This time I am heavier then before I started at 178 as of Monday I had lost 5 lbs and 5 inches. I'm now down to 173lbs can't wait to lose the weight again and just in time for summer and the 3 weddings in have been invited too
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 299 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I also just started a "home made" version of the program. I find that I'm still logging my items in MFP and using measuring cups when making my containers. I really don't get the "fit it in the container" you can eat it. Foods that are different densities, etc could make you go way over calorie goal. If you chop up 4 eggs it could fit, but if you didn't chop it, it could fit 2.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Wishing you success!

Tara, the food guide is pretty specific about that stuff. For example, a protein is 2 "whole" eggs. There are things you can't put in the containers, like asparagus spears, and for those, she gives an amount, like 10...I'm forgetting.
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 299 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    thank you! that's what I figured.

I just found the manual online so, I am going to read through it to make sure I get it correct. I'm excited to start.