I find this funny

Options
bostonwolf
bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
We see so many people on this site fret about eating more than 1200 calories, yada yada yada.

Meanwhile I'm putting more focus on my food intake and considered yesterday a pretty good day. I ate right at 3000 calories and I'd like to settle in at about 2800 and see how that feels for a while. And I usually have a smaller breakfast (700 calories or so today, usually just eggs and some guac at about 500 calories) so generally speaking I have two MEALS a day where I consume more than 1200 calories.

I tried eating my TDEE (3700) but I was gaining weight pretty consistently so I think my calculation was off. Going to hover in the 3000 range, maybe a bit less for our June paleo challenge at the gym and see how that feels.

Replies

• bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the 1200 calories. It's such an arbitrary number. I would probably die of starvation, haha.

And good luck on the adjustments. :-)
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I starve at 1800 calories. Well I got my bodpod done last week. I have 140 lbs of LBW, that puts my RMR at 1900. Well that's why I couldn't do 1800 calories. If you haven't yet, get tested. Bodpod are typically $25.00.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    They are if you live in a state that doesn't only have one of them. The only one in MA is a bit south of Boston at a health club. $50 for members, $75 for non-members. I might go do it anyways and head back in 6 months.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I literally want to pull my hair out when I see my MFP friends talking about trying to lift but feeling really tired, or saying they are feeling really hungry but they will still go for a run, that they can't gain muscle whilst losing fat because they're in a 900 cal deficit etc.

There's also a guy who weighs himself EVERY DAY and comments on an lb on or off here and there. I want to scream.

But I stfu because they need to find their own path and don't need preachy me. Trying to lead by example in stead.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    They are if you live in a state that doesn't only have one of them. The only one in MA is a bit south of Boston at a health club. $50 for members, $75 for non-members. I might go do it anyways and head back in 6 months.

Do you have any colleges with an exercise physiology program? If so (which all the colleges in Boston, I image there is one), look into them, likely they will have bodpods or something similar.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    My wife works at Tufts, and they used to have one. Not sure they do any more but I'm going to ask her to find out.

According to their website, the only three in eastern MA are at Merrimack College (30+ miles away) at the aforementioned gym in Weymouth and on Cape Cod.

http://www.bodpod.com/en/test-site-locator