5/19/2015 Today I celebrate

Options
wennim
wennim Posts: 276 Member
Yesterday I watched my husband take part in a marathon relay. Since his part was only 6 miles I had a lot of time for people watching and I was just amazed at some of the people who were taking part in the race. There was police officers in their full uniforms, old people, kids, people pushing disabled people in wheel chairs, a veteran with an artificial leg, thin people and obese people. Today I am celebrating all these people who did the whole marathon as well as the ones that did the relay. I am so inspired by all of them. So inspired that I think I am going to sign up for a relay half marathon with my husband in August.

Replies

• carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    You GO Wendy!!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Wendy!!! It never ceases to amaze me what some people can do...

Today I'm celebrating the fact that yesterday I gave a mostly deep tissue massage to my fiance because he just started a new crazy physically demanding job and was in horrible pain. In 90 minutes, he got an amazing full body massage, and according to all calculations, I burned between 500-700 calories. Considering I felt like I'd been running laps and lifting weights and doing yoga for hours upon hours and felt like I sweat gallons, I can believe it!!
  • wennim
    Options
    Sounds like it was a win/win on the massage Carly! Glad to hear about his new job and hopefully after a little adjustment period it won't be so painful.
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Good job Carly.... I'm so glad your fiance was able to get the job he wanted.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Slightly reminds me before I got back on the bike I took a cycling safety course (very good class) and the man doing the lectures was a 50yr with a bit of a pot belly and he would tell us of his love for long distance cycling and all the places he would go and it made me realize if he could do those things then I could as well.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Today I am celebrating that it is time to go back through the closet and retry on all the cloths in the "some day" pile.
  • PatrickB_87
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The last pile of my fat cloths.
    n2rrq2x5f8kj.jpg

My new cloths pile I liberated from my old "one day" pile. Not an X or a 40 among them all.
    6zi47s3qw5j1.jpg

• wennim
    Options
    Awesome job Pat on the new/old clothes. My one day pile is gone so I am going to have to go shopping for a summer wardrobe.
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    You GO BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wennim
    Options
    lol just realized I put the wrong date on this when I started it yesterday.

Hubby has decided he is going to show off and do the full half marathon by himself so I have talked one of the boys into being my partner for the relay. And then two more of the boys want to do the relay too so we will have two relay teams plus a single runner. The race is in late August and we have no dreams of winning our goal is to just finish it. Even 3 months ago if someone had suggested I run for anything I would have thought they were crazy. Now we have over half the family interested in doing it. I am so glad that our good habits are wearing off on the kids!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    wennim wrote: »
    lol just realized I put the wrong date on this when I started it yesterday.

Hubby has decided he is going to show off and do the full half marathon by himself so I have talked one of the boys into being my partner for the relay. And then two more of the boys want to do the relay too so we will have two relay teams plus a single runner. The race is in late August and we have no dreams of winning our goal is to just finish it. Even 3 months ago if someone had suggested I run for anything I would have thought they were crazy. Now we have over half the family interested in doing it. I am so glad that our good habits are wearing off on the kids!

Wendy, that is such an awesome whole family victory!

Today I'm going to celebrate that it is getting easier to stick to plan as far as eating and such, especially after ditching my faux-sweet treats. The scale is moving again the right direction. I'm creeping back on my previous PB low weight from 4/1 or so...
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Today I celebrate my friends. My friend who will ditch PT wth me so we can go out for drinks and set the worlds to rights because I needed that way more today. And who will nag me back on track again tomorrow. They are worth their weight in gold. Whihch includes you guys
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Today I celebrate my friends. My friend who will ditch PT wth me so we can go out for drinks and set the worlds to rights because I needed that way more today. And who will nag me back on track again tomorrow. They are worth their weight in gold. Whihch includes you guys

We ALL need more friends like that!!!!
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I'm very lucky to have them online and off