Jawbone Syncing Issues 5/16/15

Options
editorgrrl
editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1983451--jawbone-syncing-issues-
Our apologies for any trouble that you are experiencing with your Jawbone connected accounts. We began receiving reports yesterday that members are not receiving Jawbone Calorie adjustments or steps. We have verified that we are not receiving any information from Jawbone UP, but they are receiving calorie information from us.

This means that you will continue to see your nutritional information in the UP app, however you will not see steps or calorie adjustments in MyFitnessPal.

We are working with Jawbone to resolve this issue, and hope for it to be fixed shortly. As soon as we have any additional information we will add an update on the bottom of this post.

All the best,
MyFitnessPal Staff

Note that the updates will be posted by MFP at the above URL.

Replies

• jennmac415
    jennmac415 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info... I'm hopeful it's fixed soon!
  • TRS_One
    TRS_One Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Same issue here. Thanks for the info
  • GrannyCrayCray
    GrannyCrayCray Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    So sad :'( Hope they resolve this soon. Until then, I'll just be extra attentive to my logging. A good test of my will power. If I can manage my calories and nutrition, then the gain/surplus cals from exercise will be a bonus even if I don't see them on MFP :)
  • flyingspatulas
    flyingspatulas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Glad it's not just me!
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    labyars wrote: »
    I'll just be extra attentive to my logging. A good test of my will power. If I can manage my calories and nutrition, then the gain/surplus cals from exercise will be a bonus even if I don't see them on MFP.

Your UP total burn is your TDEE (aka your maintenance calories). If you eat at a reasonable deficit from that (250 calories per day for every 25 lbs. you're overweight), you will lose weight.

If you're serious about tightening up your logging, read the Sexypants post. So much good information! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • TRS_One
    Options
    Looks like some progress is being made. My steps from Fri&Sat are now showing in MFP....
  • TRS_One
    Options
    Sunday is now in MFP...slowly but surely...
  • Shazzyb71
    Shazzyb71 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hope it gets resolved soon
  • neechy
    neechy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Jawbone mailed me and said that a fix had been implemented and was being rolled out over time.
    I had assumed that it would just be for steps going forward but sounds like it's for the whole period. Hope mine is updated soon.
  • omgitscharlie
    omgitscharlie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. This whole thing has been very frustrating. I'm glad to know it should be fixed soon. :)
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    MFP posted an update:
    May 20, 2015 9:53am PST - Hello. We are seeing a much better flow, starting this morning, of exercise data coming into MyFitnessPal from Jawbone, so you should begin to see your data syncing properly between the two programs. If you are still not seeing an exercise adjustment or steps in your MyFitnessPal account, please ensure you have Jawbone selected as your primary step source within the MyFitnessPal app. Please do continue to let us know if you ares experiencing any trouble.
  • ps4db
    ps4db Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Its working right now ! MFP just synced all my UP steps till yesterday ..still to push in today's steps though ... the bug on MFP app is still there : shows UP as 'Connect' and if you click on it, takes you to the UP shopping cart ..fingers crossed ...all the steps will be in soon. Cheers !
  • flyingspatulas
    flyingspatulas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My adjustments aren't showing yet, I hope it will resolve itself soon!
  • Nichollah2
    Nichollah2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My UP and MFP still not syncing. Are folk still experiencing problems. Any resolutions I'm not aware of?
  • lara_maccrimmon
    lara_maccrimmon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have adjustments added till Monday, nothing for yesterday & nothing for today :(
  • GrannyCrayCray
    GrannyCrayCray Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have UP24 and all data / history has been restored or synced to MFP both on iOs app and website. Wohoo! Unfortunately, I went over on calories EVERY single day that the sync didn't work :( Obviously, I am NOT ready to try it on my own --- I need to keep logging & tracking exercise. Guesstimating gets me in too much trouble. Despite negative stuff I see on boards / reviews, I <3 my UP and it has served me well in the past year. Hope everyone's tech problems are resolved soon.
  • Mietze24
    Mietze24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have adjustments added till Monday, nothing for yesterday & nothing for today :(

Same Problem!
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    labyars wrote: »
    IUnfortunately, I went over on calories EVERY single day that the sync didn't work :( Obviously, I am NOT ready to try it on my own --- I need to keep logging & tracking exercise. Guesstimating gets me in too much trouble.

Your UP total burn is your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), aka your maintenance calories. If you eat at a reasonable deficit from that (250 calories a day for every 25 lbs. you're overweight), you will lose weight.
  • Danielleathena
    Danielleathena Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My step adjustments have been restored/ synced; however, my additional exercises on my Jawbone (running, cross training, etc.) did not sync to MFP. Anyone else have this issue?
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    My step adjustments have been restored/ synced; however, my additional exercises on my Jawbone (running, cross training, etc.) did not sync to MFP. Anyone else have this issue?

That's not how it works. MFP sends aggregate meal data & water to UP. UP sends your total burn to MFP—not individual exercise.

If you want your UP exercise to appear in your MFP newsfeed, post it as a status update.