paultassy
paultassy Posts: 281 Member
Last night, the WOD was

21-15-9
Curtis P's
GHD sit-ups

7 minute rest

75 wall balls

On the 11th Curtis P I felt a gush. Yes ladies, all of you know the gush I'm talking about. I was wearing light yellow shorts. I turned to my husband, also in the middle of the workout, and told him what just happened. He said "Babe, you better go see if you have some shorts in the car. It's very noticeable". I rapidly walked to the car and I had nothing. And when I was outside, alone, I checked the status of my shorts and yeah he was right. Those shorts were ruined. I left him and my son at the box and went home crying all the way. I felt a sense of embraassment, but also frustration because I wanted that WOD so badly! I had even left work early for it! I lost an hour of pay for this WOD! When I got home and cleaned up I ran a mile but it still wasn't the same. I was still so angry, sad, embarrassed, and frustrated. Being a woman sucks sometimes, but don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a man.

Today is a new day and a new chance at another WOD. I'll be prepared this time

Replies

• Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Ugg, I'm sorry that sucks. But there is not a women alive who hasn't experienced it sneaking up on us.
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Eeek, hopefully no one else noticed.

I've never had this issue before (not had any kids) but recently during WODs (DUs and jumping pull-ups) realised there are other exercises I ought to be working on too!!
  • paultassy
    Options
    It was my period. Not pee. I've never had an issue with the pee thing. At least if it was pee, it would be a bit easier to hide than bright red blood
  • bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Oh no!!!!! That SUCKS.
  • HMitch1025
    HMitch1025 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I totally thought you meant pee. Why is it that peeing myself doesn't seem as embarrassing. I would have been mortified.
  • paultassy
    Options
    HMitch1025 wrote: »
    I totally thought you meant pee. Why is it that peeing myself doesn't seem as embarrassing. I would have been mortified.

I was. My husband says he doesn't think anyone else saw but of course everyone asked what happened to me and he told them I had a female accident and had to leave. How do i show my face again?
  • paultassy
    Options

I was. My husband says he doesn't think anyone else saw but of course everyone asked what happened to me and he told them I had a female accident and had to leave. How do i show my face again?
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That sucks, at least your hubby was there and you didn't have to ask someone else...
  • paultassy
    Options
    animalldy wrote: »
    That sucks, at least your hubby was there and you didn't have to ask someone else...

Indeed. I just hate so much that I didn't get that WOD in.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    What is a "Curtis P?"
  • paultassy
    Options
    ascrit wrote: »
    What is a "Curtis P?"

Hang squat clean then lunge each leg then push press. That's one Curtis P
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    paultassy wrote: »
    Last night, the WOD was

21-15-9
    Curtis P's
    GHD sit-ups

7 minute rest

75 wall balls

On the 11th Curtis P I felt a gush. Yes ladies, all of you know the gush I'm talking about. I was wearing light yellow shorts. I turned to my husband, also in the middle of the workout, and told him what just happened. He said "Babe, you better go see if you have some shorts in the car. It's very noticeable". I rapidly walked to the car and I had nothing. And when I was outside, alone, I checked the status of my shorts and yeah he was right. Those shorts were ruined. I left him and my son at the box and went home crying all the way. I felt a sense of embraassment, but also frustration because I wanted that WOD so badly! I had even left work early for it! I lost an hour of pay for this WOD! When I got home and cleaned up I ran a mile but it still wasn't the same. I was still so angry, sad, embarrassed, and frustrated. Being a woman sucks sometimes, but don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a man.

Today is a new day and a new chance at another WOD. I'll be prepared this time

That WOD wasn't going to allow you to just turn your butt to the wall and finish it up. Good on you for running a mile, you could easily have done nothing.

That WOD is still there, just schedule a day next week to go do it.

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    As a man -- which, of course, does not qualify me from voicing any opinion -- I gotta say: Not a big deal. I am surprised you are bothered. I cannot think of a woman I know who has not had some kind of an accident like that, except for my grandmothers, who were post-menopausal.
    It is just natural and, if anyone saw, they have undoubtedly seen it before and will see it again.
    Now, if it was pee.....Ha! (Sorry. Couldn't resist. That is the problem my wife (two kids) has.)
    You'll get that WOD!
  • kwoww9797
    kwoww9797 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Man! That totally sucks! I don't know what I would do!

Great job running though!!! I would have sat on the couch after a warm bath with a TUB of ice cream! LOL!

Take time next week and let your coach know you want to do the WOD. Or go in on Saturday/Sunday if your box is open and do it then. That does look like a fun killer WOD. I'm going to recommend it to my coach!

Keep up the good work!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Oh man .. I feel for you. Lucky your husband managed to give you a heads up. I had a similar issue a few months ago - a trainer coach was helping with the class which were doing DU's and I just knew I had to sprint to the toilet. After that I continued skipping at a leisurely pace as I didn't want to have an accident and he got in my face and started yelling 'COME ON .. KEEP GOING'!!! which i normally don't have a problem with but I said to him - unless you want me to pee everywhere I'm just gonna keep doing this. The look on his face was priceless, hopefully he will think again before he yells in someone's face without thinking about it.
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    tufel wrote: »
    As a man -- which, of course, does not qualify me from voicing any opinion -- I gotta say: Not a big deal. I am surprised you are bothered. I cannot think of a woman I know who has not had some kind of an accident like that, except for my grandmothers, who were post-menopausal.
    It is just natural and, if anyone saw, they have undoubtedly seen it before and will see it again.
    Now, if it was pee.....Ha! (Sorry. Couldn't resist. That is the problem my wife (two kids) has.)
    You'll get that WOD!

As a woman, I'm gonna say that it's really f.ing hard to not be embarrassed. If you've ever worked in healthcare you're taught that blood is a biohazard, so for me, it's hard not to see it that way. It's not that periods are shameful, it's that nobody wants to be around someone else's blood if they can avoid it.

Also, once your period has ruined a few favorite items of clothing, you get to be extra pissed off about it showing up when you don't expect it.
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Oh my god.....I would actually run onto the street and hope a car would hit me. I could explain the blood then. But seriously, I haven't had a period since starting crossfit (thank you contraceptive pills!) I admire the women who do crossfit AND have periods!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    paultassy wrote: »

It is a natural part of life and there is no reason for you to worry about it. Heck people post pictures of their bleeding hands. ;)
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Oh my god.....I would actually run onto the street and hope a car would hit me. I could explain the blood then. But seriously, I haven't had a period since starting crossfit (thank you contraceptive pills!) I admire the women who do crossfit AND have periods!

Saaaaaaame! God I love the prog only pill.

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I was the Kill Cliff East Coast Championships here in Boston this winter and one of the WODS involved pretty hefty cleans. Lauren Fisher was near the end and really fighting for a rep and peed in front of a few thousand people. *kitten* happens :)