What exactly does this thing track?

Options
Because it did not track my time on the elliptical or the seated elliptical, even my phone does better. Is there a setting I am missing? Do I need to wear it on a different part of my body? I currently wear it with the sport necklace. I just got it today.

Replies

• stevehendersonjr
    Options
    I would use it on your sock or belt when on the elliptical. It needs to sense motion in order to count your steps.
  • Lacipeanut
    Lacipeanut Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can choose an exercise like cycling in the app. Then sync., when done sync again. Then change it back to walking in the app then sync again. You'll get points for your exercise. Same with swimming.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    For best results on the elliptical, clip it to your shoe.
  • Lacipeanut
    Options
    I take the sync thing back. Go to the app. Then hit the plus button. You'll be able to log or track exercise. Hit track. Pick exercise. Hit start. When done hit done. Then sync. Voila. Points. Worked with cycling this morning.
  • WhistlingGirl
    Options
    I have never had issues with it tracking anything and I wear it on my wrist. Yesterday I discovered that it tracks, uhm, sexual activity! No tag for that, though. :-)
  • Lacipeanut
    Options
    Lol. It does. Found out when I was otherwise engaged.
  • MomForHope
    MomForHope Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Really how do you find out it tracks that? Does it just count it as walking cuz of the movement??
  • Yoyo_Fitness
    Yoyo_Fitness Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hey guys! wanna ask you something....according to the app, I get very little 'deep sleep' like 2hrs on average (sometimes less!) for 5.5-7.5 hours of total sleep. what is considered normal, and how can you improve this? I bought Misfit because I swim a lot and wanted to track it... it's very nice, I love it! Fitbit was annoying coz you had to charge it all the time etc. Happy fitness!
  • Lacipeanut
    Options
    130Mommy---it doesn't count steps. It seems to count activity and assign points toward your goal.
  • Lacipeanut
    Options
    Yoyo_Fitness: I've been swimming with my Shine and it's doing great. I hope they add things like rowing eventually.
  • gracenorthcutt
    gracenorthcutt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I clipped mine to my shoe for biking (both real and stationary) and it has worked well. I think it would be similar to an elliptical.

Interesting about the sexual activity...
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Not got a misfit yet but as I swim alot I think it's the traxker for me, so does anyone here use it for swimming? And I will use android app, is the app good?
  • shellcatori
    shellcatori Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I want it for swimming and day to day life I'm not super techy so this is a great idea and so helpful being able to read genuine feedback. Any bad points to it?
  • groodlesuk
    groodlesuk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for 3 months and it's great. In the pool, in the gym, cycling, running it's fantastic.

While they claim it's water proof (and I've had zero problems in the pool) there can be potential problems in Salt Water. Salt Water is far more aggressive at penetrating the water proof seal and it can fail.

I took mine to a Spa that had a few salt water pools. We were there maybe 3 hours and it destroyed my Shine. Luckily they replaced it very quickly.