Pregnant buddies! How many calories are you eating?

Options
swimmermama
swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
I'm looking for ideas for how many calories you lovely ladies are eating. Maybe we can make new friends who are similar to us! Will you help me out? :)

How tall are you, how much do you weigh, how active are you, how many weeks along are you, and how many calorizes do you eat each day?

Replies

• aleikita
    aleikita Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Well I am 5'4", current weight is 149.5lbs at 21 weeks
    I work out three times a week for one hour (30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weights)
    I have never tracked my calories before so when I got to my second trimester and my morning sickness subsided I estimated that my usual diet might be around 1800 calories so I bumped it up to 2100 calories a day.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    aleikita wrote: »
    Well I am 5'4", current weight is 149.5lbs at 21 weeks
    I work out three times a week for one hour (30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weights)
    I have never tracked my calories before so when I got to my second trimester and my morning sickness subsided I estimated that my usual diet might be around 1800 calories so I bumped it up to 2100 calories a day.

I'm right around the same stats, and I agree completely!

35 yr old (on Saturday! ) 5'4" and 152.8 at 19 weeks. I run about 20-25 miles per week (usually 4 days) without super strict logging I was maintaining at 1800-2000 cals daily so I estimate I should be at 2000-2500 or so. Not that I'm following my advice :p I'm eating everything in sight!

• allisonbayles13
    allisonbayles13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 166 lbs at 30 weeks. my ppw with this pregnancy was 164 but I lost 10 lbs in my first trimester and slowly gained it back. I'm eating around 1800 cals daily. Trying to keep from eating everything and giving into unhealthy cravings.
  • JenniferMuriel
    JenniferMuriel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 166 lbs at 30 weeks. my ppw with this pregnancy was 164 but I lost 10 lbs in my first trimester and slowly gained it back. I'm eating around 1800 cals daily. Trying to keep from eating everything and giving into unhealthy cravings.

That's my dream- to lose in this first trimester. I'm 5'6" 177lbs and only 5 weeks. I don't want to gain with this pregnancy. I'd like to lose in these early weeks with the indigestion etc (no nausea yet!, I know it will come...) and then not reach past mid 180's.

I'm eating 1500cal daily.
  • ls8735
    ls8735 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am due with my first child (a boy) in early August. I am currently 25 weeks along today. I am 5'1" and 29 years old (will be 30 when I give birth). I started my weight loss journey with MFP at 150 pounds and over the course of around 4 months lost 34ish pounds.

My OB says I was 120 pounds when I got pregnant and I am currently 125 as of my 24 week check up. Baby boy is growing right on track and is in the 50th percentile in all categories and my OB encouraged me not to gain more than 20 pounds if I can help it because of my petite stature.

I eat 1400-1500ish calories on most days and then have a few days per week when I go over that by a decent amount so it averages a bit higher. I try to walk for an hour most days and I do a gentle yoga class 3 days a week. I make sure to get plenty of protein and vitamins but I am trying to not eat as many carbs and sugars because my glucose test is coming up soon!

Please feel free to add me! I want to get to know other mamas to be!
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm 34, almost 35, years old, expecting baby #4. Started out 5' 7" and 145 lbs after losing 40 lbs two years ago. Currently 25 weeks and 181 (ugh). Still eating low carb and around 1600 to 1800 cal per day. I exercise 5 days a week (5 days of cardio, 20-25 min and a strength training routine 3 times a week). I think since my starting weight with my other pregnancies was so much higher (170-180 lbs) that my body panicked and packed on the weight up front! I'm trying to hold steady and not gain much, if any, more for the remainder!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options

That's my dream- to lose in this first trimester. I'm 5'6" 177lbs and only 5 weeks. I don't want to gain with this pregnancy. I'd like to lose in these early weeks with the indigestion etc (no nausea yet!, I know it will come...) and then not reach past mid 180's.

Jennifer, I've got some similar stats. I'm 5'6.5" and I was 177.6 lbs when I found out at 5 weeks. (Im around 12 now) Add me if youd like. :)

Sometimes I will eat upwards of 2000 calories but I will make up for it on other days by eating at my previous deficit, 1500 calories. So far i'm maintaining with slight fluctuations. My goal is to reach a couple weeks into the second trimester without hitting 180. I'm close and weighing in around 178/179 now. With my first baby I gained 5 lbs in the first trimester and it escalated from there to a full 50 lbs. :( i realize now that i cant be trusted to estimate my calories so I'm looking to avoid the laziness of not doing so this time.

There are many online "pregnancy weight gain calculators" that you can try to see what a normal range would be for you. (With doctors supervision of course.
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!!! I was looking for suggestions about this same topic so here goes.... I'm 14 weeks along with twins. I lost a boat load of weight (not where I want to be but happy with my progress) before this pregnancy and want to not do too much damage/unnecessary weight gain during this pregnancy. I'm 5'9" and was 193 before pregnancy. I set my goal to maintenance and added 300 cals per baby.... and the number is huge lol I'm at 2650 cals per day... seems super high. I've increased my actual caloric intake to around/just under 2000 per day. I feel comfortable and am not hungry at all and sometimes feel I can cut back a bit. Does anyone know if this 300 cals per baby thing is really necessary. I have no idea where I heard that from but it seems a bit excessive... especially with two. Just looking for thoughts/comments/suggestions. Thanks!!!
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm 35, 5'7", I don't exercise except maybe a walk around the block with the kiddo after dinner and have a sedentary job. I eat 2300 calories and haven't gained any weight yet at 14 weeks.
  • mrsmunde
    mrsmunde Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, 5'7", 18.5 weeks, and have gained almost 10 lbs. I do not exercise anymore which is frustrating because the gym used to be my solace, I used to compete in bikini competitions! I'm just sooooo tired that exercising isn't happening for me. If I'm not working (ugh! A whole other topic!), or eating, I'm sleeping. I log on and off, but get frustrated towards the end of the day when I go way off the wagon and don't log for a couple days (I know, I am defeating the purpose). Would like to have some prego friends for inspiration /motivation. Since I'm not working out I would like to watch what I eat better.
  • allisonbayles13
    allisonbayles13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Your body will do what it chooses during pregnancy with my first I gained 30 lbs, never lost anything during my pregnancy and kept about 12 of it. Just remember the best thing you can do is just eat healthy and make sure you aren't going overboard, eating when you aren't hungry or taking advantage of being pregnant and eating. Good luck mama!
  • vanessangonzalez
    vanessangonzalez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 32, 5'2", 143 lbs. I found out I was pg last night. I'm about 4 weeks. First baby. My mpf was at 1200. I eat about 1400 though. I started exercising again last week. I plan to do cardio and strength training 3-5 times a week. I want to be healthy during this pregnancy. I do not want to gain too much weight!!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    KristenE83 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies!!!! I was looking for suggestions about this same topic so here goes.... I'm 14 weeks along with twins. I lost a boat load of weight (not where I want to be but happy with my progress) before this pregnancy and want to not do too much damage/unnecessary weight gain during this pregnancy. I'm 5'9" and was 193 before pregnancy. I set my goal to maintenance and added 300 cals per baby.... and the number is huge lol I'm at 2650 cals per day... seems super high. I've increased my actual caloric intake to around/just under 2000 per day. I feel comfortable and am not hungry at all and sometimes feel I can cut back a bit. Does anyone know if this 300 cals per baby thing is really necessary. I have no idea where I heard that from but it seems a bit excessive... especially with two. Just looking for thoughts/comments/suggestions. Thanks!!!

My midwife said you dont need any extra cals (over maintenance I mean) until the 3rd tri and to eat about 200/300 moreso a slice of toast with peanut butter. Im in the UK so maybe they recommend diff things and I dont know with twins. 300 per twin from the beginning seem quite a bit to me but I dont know.

I wouldnt eat if you arent hungry though?

Helen
  • IndecisiveGirl2013
    IndecisiveGirl2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 22, 5"6 and around 132/133lbs. I'm 16 weeks along now and I've gained about 6lbs I think so far. I haven't been able to be very active because I was told to rest due to being high risk earlier on. Very frustrating because I used to workout a lot before haha. Now I'm able to exercise a bit again so I go on walks and do very light strength training.
    I'm going to aim to eat around 2000 calories and see how it goes.
  • Mutant_Toad
    Mutant_Toad Posts: 17 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello. ^_^

I'm 28, 5'5'', 254lbs, and 10 weeks along. Doctor said half a pound a week is fine for me. Due to medical issues, he is not comfortable with me trying to do more than that. MFP has me set at 2080 calories a day, but I have trouble meeting that most days due to nausea. I walk 4 times a week for about an hour each time. I also take a Pilates class twice a week. I had lost 30lbs before finding out I was pregnant. Since finding out, I've lost 1lbs (maybe more, maybe none, since it's been over a week since I last weighed myself). Oh, and this is my second child.
  • KatyAverill
    KatyAverill Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, 5'8 and 206 lbs. How many calories should I be eating?
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    @KatyAverill try looking up a pregnancy weight gain calcator to help you out. It calculates your bmi before getting pregnant and will tell you your goal weight range at the end of pregnancy. You can then adjust your calories to fit that goal. (Of course you should always make sure this is ok with your doctor.)

I maintained in the first trimester and now in the second I'm eating at or slightly above what mfp says my maintenance calories are (it's higher than maintenance for me though - 2010 calories.) It's been working well so far. You can read my progress on the "how much weight have you gained" thread.

I am 5'7", 23, and had an "overweight" bmi between 28-28.
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    http://www.calculator.net/pregnancy-weight-gain-calculator.html

Found this calculator that I liked. It was good to know I was within range.
  • katyconser
    katyconser Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    RosieRaz wrote: »
    http://www.calculator.net/pregnancy-weight-gain-calculator.html

Found this calculator that I liked. It was good to know I was within range.

This is great, thanks!!